[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to move and my girlfriend's roommate is moving out,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1458894958790.jpg (69 KB, 1013x805) Image search: [Google]
1458894958790.jpg
69 KB, 1013x805
I need to move and my girlfriend's roommate is moving out, so she suggested I move in. I thought about it for a while and after looking for other places and not finding anything I agreed that maybe it's worth a shot.

The problem is that it recently came out that she was expecting us to be sharing a bed when I was expecting to have her roommate's room.

Now things are a bit awkward since we obviously had different perceptions of the relationship.

Would it be a mistake to move in with her now?
>>
>>16959363
Why wouldn't you share a bed?
>>
>>16959364
This. I don't understand why you wouldn't have expected this
>>
It would be a mistake to move in with her without having a talk with her first. Why don't you want to share a bed?

>>16959364
Some people can't co-sleep.
>>
My girlfriend and I are having a similar discussion now (talking about getting an apartment with my best friend--who's really wants to get out of her current lease) and what we've resolved is we're getting a three bedroom no matter what, because while we do love each other and do think it'll work out, it just provides a sense of comfort for a what-if scenario. (We'd just use the extra bedroom as a spare/my office).

Have a talk with your girlfriend.

Nothing gets done if you don't have a discussion.
>>
>>16959364

Mostly due to insomnia and that our work schedules are so different.
>>
>>16959379

We had a thorough talk about it and she seemed understanding, but disappointed and embarrassed.
>>
>>16959418

It's nice to have a space to be alone sometimes. I love her, but I love myself more.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.