[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think about suicide several times a day. It's a combination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1444350631792.jpg (122 KB, 599x880) Image search: [Google]
1444350631792.jpg
122 KB, 599x880
I think about suicide several times a day. It's a combination of the philosophical purposeless of living and crushing loneliness. Should I actually do it or not? I feel like no-one will ever love me and my dad died recently, my mum will probably die relatively young too because she has a disease. My one friend said he'd miss me if I did it but I imagine that most of the other people I know would just be surprised more than sad. I've been single for more than 2 years and my only relationship before that dissolved because she cheated on me. I feel like no-one is ever going to love me again, that that was just a fluke and that I'm actually just a shitty person.
>>
Yadda yadda yadda

Listen boy, you are limited only by the appetite of your ambition.

If you want more in life go out and get it. Nothing will ever fall in your lap, even more so as you become more and more lonely. There will be no reprieve, no calm before the storm, and no divine intervention.

You can either relax and die or work to live.

Choose your destiny.
>>
>>16958604
Sometimes I wonder why people like you even bother posting your inane drivel, and then I realize that your head is actually so far up your own ass that you actually believe someone will read these facebook-tier platitudes and be inspired. I'm torn between hating you and being sorry for you.
>>
>>16958709
Who cares if it inspires them or not. I have no investment in these people. They can take it however they see fit but I don't see anyone else posting advice here.
>>
>>16958604
Yeah, it's not like I haven't heard that a million times before. I worked my way out of this attitude, and then I fell back into it. If this is my default state, I have to constantly strive to not be like this, then I don't want to live at all.

>>16958709
Thanks for being a little more eloquent than me.
>>
Besides your personal relationships, do you find any fulfilling work in the job youre doing? Hobbies? Aspirations?
>>
>>16959019
I'm at university. It's a pretty prestigious one in my country, so I feel that the work is really hard, but it probably isn't and I'm just lazy. I've always been really clever, though, so I never learned to study, and as a result, I don't.
I play a lot of vidya. I like it because at this point I have a very broad palette and a good critical eye, but I treat it kinda like art in the sense that I don't enjoy it as much as appreciate it. My other hobbies mostly also involve being inside. I play cards with my (few) friends, that's about it.
I gave up on having any real aspirations when I was a bit younger. All I want from life is a good enough job that I can buy a nice house and support my wife and children. I sometimes daydream about getting married. It feels pretty pathetic since I'm so young.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
>>
>>16959040
Do you think you'll find meaning in life once you have a nice house and a wife and children? I think these wants are pretty superficial. I think you should really look deep down into whats inside you and pursue something that you are passionate about, like vidya. But it seems like what you want is just like you're going through the motions of life, I think you should find what is truly valuable in life for you, and if that's nothing, then I guess you're shit out of luck
>>
Dude, the reason you can't make friends or get girls is because you do not interest them. Popular people do not live their lives for other people, they live their own lives and other people find them interesting and entertaining so they try to tag along by becoming friends. The thing is, these popular people do not like people that tag along, they also want people who have independent and interesting lives, they just get together when they have time and have fun. If you want more people in your life, you have to start becoming busier, join a recreational sports team, go to the gym, get a job, take a class and become knowledgeable in things such as sports or culture or history to interest people when you have a conversation. Nothing in life is given (except for some lucky people which me and you are not so stop fantasizing) you need to put forth effort to get the desired outcome, if you want more friends and a girlfriend (potential wife) they/she has got to want to be with you, and the only way thats gonna happen is if they think you are funny, smart, interesting, talented and you give them something in return for their presence (its also vice versa, you wouldnt wanna hang out with people who arent interesting) I am sorry about your parents and I give you props for dealing with the rough times, but fight through it man just put in the effort and if its physically challenging, it means its working and you will see the results, you have a long life ahead of you, just figure out what you are passionate about and learn how you can contribute to that passion
>>
>>16959081
I'm not really passionate about anything, though, I don't think. I mean, I find everything interesting to an extent, but nothing really gets me the way it does for other people. I think I'm just a boring person, and I'd be okay with that if I had someone else to be boring with.
Maybe I am just going through the motions, but really, what else is there? Ultimately we're just animals like everything else here. Maybe you can trick yourself into thinking that there's some higher power out there, or something that can give you a kind of meaning to life for as long as you don't think about it too much, but I think about everything in detail so it wouldn't last long for me.
I guess I never really thought that what I want from life might actually not bring me satisfaction, though. But I'm fairly sure I can't think of anything else that would. I'm very non-ambitious.
>>
Don't know whether it'll help you or not, but here's my story.

I actually underwent a sort of depression when I first entered university. It was triggered by the realisation that, yes, this was my life now, just planting my face in books in order to get a boring job at some soul sucking corporation that screwed off millions of people each day. Babby's first existential crisis, you might say. My confidence shrunk tremendously and so did my motivation. For the first sem I stayed home whenever I could, and I did naively contemplate suicide a few times.

Thing was, I clung on to thid one single belief - that things would get better. Stuck doing what I didn't want to do, that wasn't my whole life. I could do other things as well. Even though my instincts were telling me to go back to bed, i went up and took part in all sorts of uni activities. I did Judo, I did public speaking, karoake, eventually I settled into eSports, where I actually met a group of friends where I would form a competitive LoL team with.

All of this was new to me. Bottom line is, try new things. It doesn't have to be super ambitious or anything. You don't have to become some bigshot CEO. Just keep trying new things, and life will open up for you.
>>
>>16958592
you write all this shit and never once asked for advice
>>
>>16959099
But the thing is, I do tend to give people the impression that I am those things. I do go to the gym (although I haven't been recently as I've moved towns), and people always describe me as very intelligent and funny, as well as good to talk to. Not only that, but I also like talking to people and find it quite satisfying. However, it seems that, although people say these things, they don't truly mean it, as I don't have many friends, or at least close friends. I know a lot of people in a positive way, but I'd never do anything with them.

>>16959103
I'm glad you found something that helped you, anon. I don't try new things, I guess, but I tend not to be interested in trying new things as much as thinking new things. I suppose I'm just more introspective than most people, but I don't like travelling, sports, movies, I don't drink alcohol, etc. etc. It feels kinda forced and wrong when I try something different.

>>16959105
I asked whether or not I should kill myself.
>>
>>16959114
>I asked whether or not I should kill myself.
that's a pretty big decision, anon. I don't know the first thing about you so how am I supposed to give you a satisfactory answer? You're the only one who can answer that. Though it must be said that as permanent of a decision as suicide might be its the one decision in life you'll never regret.
>>
>>16959123
I just find life to be deeply dissatisfying. I haven't really found much that makes me feel that life is really, truly worth it. I wonder if others feel the same way, or if they're genuinely happy and that I'm just broken in some way.
>>
I wanted to kill myself for a long time and I've been experimenting ever since I was a little kid.

I don't think there's a major reason as to why I want to do it, I thought for a while it was the emnity of society; but now I think, just as I always have, I'm too accepting of life on the terms its giving me. So if you wanted my help, you need to ask why people would miss you and not who exactly, people who are suicidal aren't too bothered about who will miss them, just as long as someone does, they require a nurturing touch.

I think i'd probably be able to help more if I knew less but that's my take on it.
>>
>>16959140
That's what I feel, though. I feel that if I only had someone with whom to share, that things might be better. Everywhere I look, I see young couples my age, and I think about all the things that must be wrong with me for me to lack that. I read people here writing about all the people who've hit on them, or crushed on them, or confessed to them, and I think that nothing like that has ever happened to me. Am I some sort of alien? Or am I just hideously disfigured in some way that I can't see? I often find myself thinking that perhaps I am evil and a monster of a person, but that an evil man doesn't think himself evil so I can't see it.
>>
>>16959135
well depression is a physical disease, so yeah you are broken in some way

it is however ultimately up to you to decide if its worth the herculean effort it will take to fix yourself or just say fuck it and check out early.

as I said I don't know you so I cant tell you whether you should or shouldnt kill yourself, that is entirely in your hands
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.