[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just found out that my girlfriend of 3 months was engaged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1449851987824.jpg (113 KB, 960x716) Image search: [Google]
1449851987824.jpg
113 KB, 960x716
So I just found out that my girlfriend of 3 months was engaged prior to meeting me, and she's choosing to tell me this just now. She claims she really cared for the guy, but bailed almost instantly and removed him from her life when he asked her to move country with him.

Things are going well between us, and there are no plans of marriage on the horizon yet, but I can't fathom how one day you can just delete all traces of someone you cared enough to marry. She's telling me he turned into an asshole, and I treat her much better, but I can't help but feel if things progress to the point of us talking marriage, she might pull something like this.

How do I proceed with something like this? This is still a relationship I want to pursue, but I feel I need to be cautious now and not make any big decisions in case things turn out similar.
>>
>>16958468
Do you have any proof that other guy existed?

What I'm saying is what if she made that story up to scare you out of proposing to her? She can probably tell you're all clung on to her and that you eventually would propose.
>>
>>16958479
She hates me talking about my past relationships, so I don't ask much about hers. She doesn't see pictures of mine, and I don't see pictures of hers. This sort of came out of the blue today when she told me her ex's sister tried to contact her.

Truthfully, what she's told me sounds way too in depth to be made up, and I've told her I'm not emotionally or financially ready to do something like that after three months. Truthfully, she's the needy one in this relationship, but it's fine, I like that. She says the last relationship is why she's as clingy as she is in this one, so I don't think she's necessarily planning an escape route. Yet.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.