[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /adv/ I have a problem, like many others here. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image_11334.jpg (128 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image_11334.jpg
128 KB, 1200x1200
Alright /adv/ I have a problem, like many others here. I'm in a special course in college that studies the basics of various trades. I'm an otherwise 4.0 student (the school uses a 5.0 scale, and I'm 4.8 on their scale). However, I am on the verge of failing my welding course. I've had an accident in my life, my sister got injured, and all of my other professors were fine with me taking a little bit off for her. My welding teacher basically said too bad, and gave me 2 0's on tests. Now, I talked to the student liasion, and the dean, and they both basically said tough luck. I need to get an 85 on our final (my teacher doesn't believe in perfect grades, so a 100 is impossible). The final is that we make anything in our shop class. Literally anything. Due to the arguments with the teacher, he's not the friendliest in terms of helping me, and welding is my weakesr subject. What are some easy, simple things I can weld together to get a fantastic mark?

Added note: if I fail this, I don't get a certificate, so this is REALLY important. The company I talked to said of I provide a certificate they'll give me an apprenticeship. My literal whole life is riding on this.
>>
>>16957852
depends on how much metal you got.

make a table or some sort of rifle holder.
>>
>>16957852

>easy, simple things

A box or a table. But like >>16957868 said, it depends on what metals and how much of it you have.
>>
>>16957868
>>16958025
I'll be buying my own metal. I have $600 in my budget from scholarships. As long as I prove it was used for school I'm fine. I need to really wow everyone with this project.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.