[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, im 21 and im going on my first date in 2 hours. I know,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1428984239666.jpg (20 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1428984239666.jpg
20 KB, 170x170
Hey guys, im 21 and im going on my first date in 2 hours. I know, sad that im just now getting to go on one.

What are some things to do and to definitely not do?
>>
Do:
>talk
>be yourself
>enjoy yourself
Don't:
>forget to go to the bank beforehand
>eat foods that will make you fart
>expect sex
>make up things (very important. You lie, you have to remember that lie. You tell the truth, you already know the truth)
>>
Ask them questions and get them to talk about themselves.

Avoid topics like religion and politics for the first date unless it occurs somewhat naturally

I would say other than that just try to be nice and give decent responses if they have questions for you too. I've had dates where I ask questions asking about career interests and hobbies and get the verbal equivalent of a shrug. I think that is a huge turn off, at least for me. Show some depth.
>>
Do NOT:

treat it like an interview where you're desperately trying to get the job of "boyfriend" or "fuck buddy".

Do:
Think of it as just hanging out with an interesting person, who you happen to be there with while trying to do things you already find fun. Relax.

If you guys have chemistry, it'll be apparent and you guys will just do what human nature does when two people get along, and just flow(as long as you don't hype yourself up so much you over analyze every second of every moment and completely fuck your ability to be natural).
>>
Thanks guys, but a curve ball in this situation (or not ?) is that shes been my best friend for 2 years and i told her that i had major feelings for her, she agreed to this date. is there anything different since shes my bestfriend?
>>
>>16957216
Just behave like you used to with her, dont change your personality, it will be obvious and if she agreed to it is because she likes you the way you are, but now dont hide your feelings about her, not talking about going full "I LOVE YOU", but rather make it clear that its a date and that youre interested as her.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.