[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend likes to keep her hair like this all the time;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: offset_7310.jpg (50 KB, 433x650) Image search: [Google]
offset_7310.jpg
50 KB, 433x650
My girlfriend likes to keep her hair like this all the time; i fucking hate the way it looks.
i keep telling her about how much i like the way her loose hair looks, but she says it's too hard to keep it tidy.
how do i convince her to let her hair get messy as fuck?
>>
Would you listen if she suddenly wanted you to wear your hair in a Mohawk everyday?
>>
>>16957079
So many girls do this - hug their hair so tight to their skull they may as well be bald.

Aside from telling her, just undo it yourself a few times and mess it the fuck up. She might get the point that she's more attractive that way and leave it.
>>
>>16957089
that analogy was so shitty I'm convinced you must be female.
>>
>>16957093
Kek
>>
>>16957093
femanon completely

irrevocably

BTFO
>>
>>16957093
>>
>>16957089
It's absolutely not the same thing
He's not asking for some high maintenance shit just her fucking hair the way it's supposed to be
>>
>>16957093
fooken WRECKED
>>
>>16957093

lel so true
>>
>>16957093
I couldn't think if something similar because most males have two inch long hair. If you want someone to change something about themselves but you yourself refuse to change for them then you're the one with the shitty opinion.
>>
>>16957109
For his girlfriend , its high maintenance
>she says it's too hard to keep it tidy.
>>
>>16957079
i hate it when girls do this. i honestly think it looks shit.
>>
File: Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg (2 MB, 3250x4333) Image search: [Google]
Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg
2 MB, 3250x4333
>>16957090
>Aside from telling her, just undo it yourself a few times and mess it the fuck up

lol, my girlfriend does this to me all the time when we're in bed, I think it's mostly because she knows it annoys the fuck out of me.

>>16957089
From experience, the actual male equivalent is more like:

Would you listen if she suddenly wanted you to wear absolutely no zero gel/wax/fibre/pommade and walk around feeling like pic related?
>>
who cares if you don't like it, that's the way it works best for her and it's her hair. bitch.
>>
>>16957116
>If you want someone to change something about themselves

He's literally asking her to
>stop fucking changing it

Op is saying he loves her natural hair and wants her to stop hiding it. Basically go bedhead. Jack shit to do with what you suggested. She's probably doing it because she's insecure about her hair, so OP is 100% right to stick with it.
>>
File: 1442947217330.jpg (122 KB, 357x433) Image search: [Google]
1442947217330.jpg
122 KB, 357x433
>>16957124
>tfw i never use any of that shit
>>
>>16957129
>when people who 100% suck at interpersonal relations give relationship advice

Can you type that again louder? We could barely hear you over the sound of all that fat and anger.
>>
>caring this much about how your girlfriend wears her hair

She's just doing what she likes. You've already brought it up and she doesn't want to wear her hair loose, I suggest just getting over it.
>>
>>16957139
LOL

where are all these chicks finding 4chan? damn its like I'm reading cosmopolitan up in here
>>
>>16957137
i'm helping him. if my boyfriend kept trying to push something that i obviously
didn't want to change i'd be pretty annoyed.
>>
>>16957133
That's your opinion of what he's saying, but for her its a change, and one that for her would be high maintenance, see >>16957119
>>
>>16957079
i'd just break up with you, op, if i was her.
like who the hell wants to spend at least an hour a day with hair maintenance.
every now and then, yes, but not regularly. it's an awful lot of work.
>>
Sometimes it's just not all about you, OP. The most you can do is be honest and ask her, but when it comes down to it, it's her choice how she wants to wear her hair.
>>
>>16957159
What OP asks for
>leave. your. hair. the. fuck. alone.

What women hear
>an hour a day with hair maintenance.

You bitches are hopeless
>>
I've seen her.

The problem isn't her hair.

Her problem is her bitch face.
>>
So you want her to have dreads? lol
>>
What is her hair like OP? Thick/thin, wavy/straight, frizzy?
>>
>>16957213

As this dude,>>16957124

My hair is usually long enough that if I do jack shit all to it, it WILL become like the Einstein pic. I have to get specific hair cuts, wash, comb, blow dry in specific ways for that shit to at all look halfway presentable. It's actually harder and more work than just putting shit in my hair

My girlfriend usually wears her hair up in a bun because there are just some days it will frizz the fuck out and she can't be bothered to do all the shit she needs to do to prevent that.

Sounds more like you're just ignorant.

If she wants to be lazy and just tie it back, that's her prerogative.
>>
>>16957234
thick, wavy and dark.
i really like it because her skin is pale.
>>
>>16957252
Has she explained why it's hard to keep her hair tidy?
>>
File: blackwhite-bun.jpg (32 KB, 400x356) Image search: [Google]
blackwhite-bun.jpg
32 KB, 400x356
>>16957079
putting your hair up is so convenient though. i hate having my hair down sometimes because i don't want it to get into the food i'm eating or have random strays fall into my mouth or have it tickle/itch my face and neck. especially on windy days, fuck that.

op, are you ok with alternatives like braids, ponytails, or a messy bun? maybe you should look into some low-maintenance hair styles that you like that she can try for you.
>>
>>16957251
>My hair
>I have
>my hair

Wait, so since you have to do a lot of work to your hair we should assume it's the same for OP's girl?

Or does that really just make no fucking sense?'

>hint - hair is the closest you will ever get to resembling Einstein!
>>
>>16957346
>Wait, so since you have to do a lot of work to your hair we should assume it's the same for OP's girl?

If OP's girlfriend doesn't want to leave her hair down and loose because it would require more work, then yes, I'd say it's safe to say those situations can be comparable. Otherwise, idk why she would say that leaving her hair alone requires too much work to keep it tidy
>>
>>16957109
Keeping loose hair (if its long hair) is kinda high maintenance/takes some time.

When I'm home alone I keep my hair like OP's pic, however my bf likes my hair loose so I try to make an effort to please him. Plus he has given me some cool hair products.

OP your gf is either really busy or just lazy.
>>
>>16957079
Women should not have the "skinhead-hair" look, nor bald, nor pigtails.

They need their hair to flow naturally past their ears and neck. Anything else is just ugh. 99% of women look 100% more attractive when they let their hair down.
>>
I find it odd that so many girls obsess over their appearances, applying an inch thick of makeup, dying their hair and getting tanned (which looks like shit anyway) but then throw on uggs, leggings and do their hair like this for the reason that it's too much trouble to do otherwise. I don't think she's doing her hair like that because she's insecure of how it looks when it's down, it probably is just that it's easier.

And all those saying it's wrong for her to change for his sake, honestly in this case it would probably make her feel better about herself because he likes her how she looks naturally. I don't think it's a bad thing. It's not like he's super controlling and micromanaging everything in her life.

Plus it's usually girls who are trying to change the guy, breaking up with their boyfriend because he won't change for her so he must not care but if this guy just wants her to do his hair differently, oh she should break up with him? What a load of BS.

My advice is to just undo it when you're in bed and tell her how it looks nice, if there is ever a rare moment it's not pulled up like that then compliment it, maybe she'll stop worrying and realize she doesn't need to fix it up when it's loose and it'll still look ok.

But yes, so many girls do it this way and I don't understand. It makes your hair look thin, may as well be bald, it's unattractive and honestly bad for your hair and skin in the long term. At the very least make her do those side pieces or bangs, like a bit looser so a little bit is hanging down can make pulled back hair look a lot better. Then maybe she'll slowly just let down and more and eventually not pull it back at all.
>>
>>16957093
I think you need a man to pull on your hair sweetheart.
>>
it's hair who gives a fuck. you're not supposed to date people because of their hair.
>>
>>16957544
>it's hair who gives a fuck. you're not supposed to date people because of their hair.

Hello from balding men everywhere. Women don't like men with balding patches.
>>
>>16957079
Dump her ass and find someone better.
>>
File: 1451117496293.jpg (105 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
1451117496293.jpg
105 KB, 1024x687
>>16957213
i laughed way too hard at this
>>
>>16958045
they understood faster when u cojuld hit them
>>
File: Simple-Twisted-Topknot-Bun.jpg (56 KB, 550x750) Image search: [Google]
Simple-Twisted-Topknot-Bun.jpg
56 KB, 550x750
anything else is better than this shit.
she may as well shave her head
>>
>>16958816
Even that is better than bald. But its not much better.
>>
>>16957213
Don't blame us, blame the moron guys who are like "I like girls that don't wear makeup" and then post a picture of a girl who has a minimum of five products on her face. For the most part men have zero idea of what goes into female grooming. OP's girlfriend decides to "leave her hair alone" one day and looks like Elsa Lanchester as Bride of Frankenstein, and he's going to be so confused. "Baby, I mean like your normal hair" not realizing that the "normal" hair takes thirty minutes with a flat iron and three different hair products to achieve.

OP, post a picture of what you think "normal hair" looks like.
>>
File: lady_problems_by_alexbesbd.png (184 KB, 900x520) Image search: [Google]
lady_problems_by_alexbesbd.png
184 KB, 900x520
>>
File: bad-hair-days-1050x735.jpg (175 KB, 1050x735) Image search: [Google]
bad-hair-days-1050x735.jpg
175 KB, 1050x735
>>16958877
even shit likes this looks 10 times better than the fucking bun
>>
>>16958885
I like scene girls. Fucking bonerific.Boners for days. Boner city.
>>
>>16957079
doesn't matter, she'll most likely end up leaving you or cheating on you for being too controlling
>>
>>16957143
>ppl don't agree with me Lel they're women
>>
Messy hair is a bitch, OP.
Especially if hers gets knotted easily or is hard to comb. I see all of these people saying it takes more work to put your hair up but honestly it takes like 1 minute max and is easier than having to constantly fix it.
While I don't see why hair should even be a thing you want to change about someone...ask her to let it down when you guys are alone or something. Communicate with her in a nice way and ask if she'd wear it down every once in a while for you. If not, see if there's another reason that she wont besides that.
>>
>>16957079
I actually like how girls look with their hair like this.
>>
File: images-27.jpg (15 KB, 403x365) Image search: [Google]
images-27.jpg
15 KB, 403x365
>>16957093
>>
I wear my hair up 99% of the time.
Some perks:
It doesn't tangle so I don't have to damage it working out bad knots.
I can protect the fragile ends from the elements
I can't play with it and damage it.
When I do let it down in the privacy of my home in front of my fiance, it seems private and sensual
I don't have to damage it with heat to style it
BUN WAVES

So my advice is for you to reframe it and think about it from her perspective. She probably hates shit you wear everyday. Guarantee it actually.

More practical advice: Ask her to take it down for you for small intervals of time in private. Make it a sexy just-you-two thing.

Convince her to get bangs. Really helps make updos look less severe.

Talk about cool updos that work around the face better.
>>
>>16957148
And thats why no guy would keep you.

If you are going in a commited relationship you gotta do stuff for each other to keep each other happy
>>
>>16957139
You're somewhat rational and don't appear to over analyze meaningless things from life. You also don't seem to rush into insults. My advice to you is to stay away from 4chan.

To the OP: Go fuck yourself. (Yes, I belong here)
>>
it's her hair she can do what she wants with it

why you care so much
>>
>>16960479
If you think hair has something to do with "doing stuff for each other" you don't belong in a relationship with yourself let alone other people.
>>
She can just brush it every so often. I brush my hair several times a day so I can wear it down and it doesn't get messy. It takes less than 30 seconds each time.
>>
>>16957079
I feel you OP. That hairdo is what cargo shorts are to pants, comfortable, practical but ugly, lazy and it enhances the worst of your features.
It's important to be clear about shit like this early in the relationship, or she'll think you're fucking with her. You could try to be cute about it by scratching her head, and removing the rubber band to feel her hair. Shit, even be abit mean, make her insecure about being seen with that hairdo not only in public but in private with you too.
Or start wearing cargo shorts, I don't fucking know.
>>
>>16960542
>it doesn't get messy
>brush my hair several times a day
sure

yeah, i do wear my hair down every now and then... not when i actually have to get stuff done. aka not on work days.
>>
meh
and then there are the guys who want you to put your hair up in a bun so that it doesn't get annoying during blowjobs and all
what does op do with his gf's hair during sex?
>>
>>16960604
It's called taking care of it before it's a problem. It doesn't become messy because I brush it. What is hard to understand about that?
>>
>>16957280
That is way fucking different than plastering your hair to the side of your head so that you look bald.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.