[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does rape get taken as a joke in court when it's such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (32 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32 KB, 633x758
Why does rape get taken as a joke in court when it's such a horrendous crime?

Inb4 lying sluts
>>
Lying sluts.
>>
what is op talking about?
>>
>>16956782
Because rape is difficult to prove as there's usually not much evidence other than he said/she said. Also, lying sluts. That is a huge problem.
>>
>>16956782
>rape someone, go to jail , get ostracized by everyone stabbed a hundred times raped a hundred times if you survive be put in database where everyone can see your crime and treat you like shit till you die old and alone
>kill someone, cool guy in jail, do your time, nobody knows you're a murderer when you get out, live a relatively normal life, all good.

Nice bait
>>
Not sure who is laughing in court about it...

Do you mean that it's ridiculously difficult to prosecute? He said/she said, dirty laundry, try to demoinze other party...
>>
>>16956782
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>16956782
Also,
> get charged with murder, get off cause not enough evidence, "yay fuck those cops you were innocent!"
> get charged with rape, get off cause not enough evidence, "we need to take rape more seriously! Think about the victims! You probably did it!"

We treat rape worse than any other crime.
>>
>>16956801
No I mean I keep reading stories about people only doing a few months after doing it to underage girls and almost everyone gets away with itb
>>
>>16956842
When it comes to the ridiculously light sentences I'll agree with you. But then, I think rape should carry the death penalty.

When it comes to gettibg away with it, what part of the court system are you objecting to? The reasonable-doubt standard of proof? The right to confront one's accuser? The adversarial system of prosecution? The practice of prosecutorial discretion? There are so many targets one could pick, but I'm not sure what you're targeting.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.