[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time at a barber
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 221x228
So /adv/ today is the first time i will go to a barber to get a haircut. I'm 22 yo and i never went because my mom used to be a hairdresser so she always cut my hair but her cuts are too old fashoned and just meh. So what's it like? What should i ask? How do i not sperg out?
>>
>>16955947
Find a haircut you like, that would look good on you. Print the picture out or save it to your phone, show them the picture. Done.
>>
>>16955949

Yeah. If you don't do this, chances are he'll have some kind of album for you to flip through with lotsa different hairstyles and he'll have you pick one out.
>>
Are you a normal guy wanting a normal guy haircut?

You basically tell them you want a short back and sides. You say how long you want it on top and how short you want it on the sides. You might comment on how you usually have your fringe and what side if any you part it on. You say if you want it blended in low or high, this is the transitional part from the top to the sides.

You might get asked if you want it blended with scissors or trimmers, some will call the scissor blend 'old fashioned', the electric trimmers give a more serious modern line.

You might get asked if you want it straight across or tapered at the back of your neck.

So for pic related you'd say I want a short back and sides, I usually part it on the left and leave it long enough on top to still fall a little. Blend it in fairly high with trimmers/shaver/bzzzz and cut it straight across at the back.

Some might just say short back and sides, number 2-3 on the sides, medium on top, part on the left and leave it at that. Some might just say 'medium on top'.
>>
>>16955949
>>16955952
>>16956013
thanks for the advice.
>>16956013
no short back & sides for me, protruding ears :(
>>
"What do you recommend? I have no idea."
There, this gets your embarrassment out of the way so the pro can help you get it sorted. I guarantee you he's helped plenty of men over the years who are similar enough to you in appearance.

Just make sure he doesn't cut it too short, go slowly and ask to check in the mirror now and then.

Also, do tip him at the end, a couple of bucks will do.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.