[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i ruined my canabinoid receptors a few years ago and i cant even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: sky.jpg (2 KB, 281x179) Image search: [Google]
sky.jpg
2 KB, 281x179
i ruined my canabinoid receptors a few years ago and i cant even smoke weed at all. and i have last year which was more than enough time for them to magically repair themselves. what do you guys think would repair them? a supplement maybe.
>>
this isnt me wanting to get high by the way, i really just want to recover.
>>
i also did 2 lines of heroin once and nearly faded out of existence. the damage afterwards- decision-making abilities, the ability to regulate behavior, and responses to stressful situations.

honestly should i just kill myself? opiod receptors and brain stem.. is there a supplement for brain stem?
>>
File: arthas.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
arthas.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
im really stuck on this and i also have neuropathy in my head. im getting the treatment for neuropathy hopefully soon but i have to take bus and only crackheads ride the bus so i loathe going on it.
>>
File: CaIjmDuWwAAcMhA.jpg (53 KB, 600x547) Image search: [Google]
CaIjmDuWwAAcMhA.jpg
53 KB, 600x547
>>16955812
>i ruined my canabinoid receptors
>>
i miss having a healthy brain so much. life is fucking bullshit.
>>
File: 1449221572156.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449221572156.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1080
>>16955827
My first reaction is to say that you're talking crap or you're just plain stupid, but I'll give you the benifit of doubt that someone may have given you misinformation.

I don't know anything about canabinoids, but as a two time cancer survivor I know a thing or two about opiates (diamorphine/heroin is an op/iate/, because it's derived from opium, as opposed to an op/iod/ which is a synthetic drug that mimics the effect of an opiate). Anyway, using opiates/opiods doesn't damage your receptors in any way shape or form, that's just not possible. In fact, the opposite is true - using opiates causes you to develop more receptors. That's why regular use leads to you needing more of the drug to produce the same effect. The way you feel is dictated by the percentage of receptors that are filled, not the number of receptors that are filled. For example, an opiate niaeve person with x receptors who takes a tablet that fills x-4 of them will be as high as a giraffe's eyebrows, but an opiate tolerant person with x^3 receptors taking the same tablet would feel ill, because he has many more empty ones than filled ones.

Once you stop using opiates those extra receptors just die off after a while. It starts after about 48 hours, and in 6 weeks you're close to the same receptor count (and therefor tolerance) as someone who doesn't use them at all. The only long term effect is that if you have to use them again in the future your tolerance will build faster than someone who's using them for the first time.

If your opiate receptors were actually "not working", you'd permanently be in a state of constant agony. If a large dose of opiates could trigger that, then they wouldn't be so widley used for pain relief. Remember, the heroin you buy on the street and the diamorphine they shoot you full of in hospital have the same active ingredient, the only difference being the clinical one isn't watered down with baby powder.
>>
>>16955812
>canabinoid receptors
Just because they are words on their own, it doesn't mean that they can be combined, no matter how fancy the sum.

Fuck off
>>
>>16955929
Go learn something about the brain you stupid motherfucker.
>>
Some psychoactives release at a greater than normal rate stored neurotransmitters which are already present. Some mimic or are copies of the neurotransmitter and stimulate receptor sites directly. Some block receptor sites and as such inhibit uptake meaning your natural levels build up.

The mechanisms behind this release or inhibition can vary of course, but the outcome is usually similar. Some act in more than one way combining inhibition with release or inhibition with weak activity.

Either way you can get depletion of the chemical signaller your body needs to use. Disruption of the metabolic processes behind its synthases in the body. Over stimulation of receptor sites which prompt the brain to develop more receptor sites meaning without the artificial amounts your natural amounts are no longer good enough. Outcome for recovery from these situations is all different.

Anyway, I'm just waffling. All this stuff is easily understood. With cannabinoids I don't think any synthetic shit (only thing I can thing of with the K values to wreak your shit) actually destroyed receptor sites. We aren't talking cell death, monoamine excitotoxicity, open calcium channels here etc.

Likely you supplied too much of a molecule which resembles whatever fits into your cannabinoid receptors for too long and as a result you grew some extra ones and now always feel like you don't have enough.

I think if that is what you've done then I think that it'll eventually get closer to normal. A decent diet and exercise routine will help out and should help with a mild mood lift, better outlook, bit of motivation etc. You might never be 100%, but then nobody is ever 100%. Life is fairly fluid and 'normal' is all about perspective.

CB1 receptors have roles to play in the gut and this is why a friend self medicates due to chrones disease. I imagine if you've been on the synthetics you could be quite ill feeling. I used to smoke weed for about 8 years constantly and it only took 2 weeks to quit.
>>
>>16955929
Lmao, you're questioning the wrong part of what OP said m8
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.