[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some good strategies/tips to becoming less socially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: slimy little pile.png (881 B, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
slimy little pile.png
881 B, 100x100
what are some good strategies/tips to becoming less socially awkward? i don't like talking to people and in general harbor feelings of malice and general ill-will to strangers who i don't know because i don't want to talk to them. i have autism btw
>>
I've posted details of "my project" here on /adv/ before. It worked for me, and it might work for you as well. I'll post it again tonight when i'm on my laptop, if the thread is still around.
>>
>>16955714
thanks, i'll make sure to check back when i wake up later today

i think i have more of a defeatist attitude to social interactions since i think for some reason whatever i do/say might make people not like me
>>
>>16955714
im also going to check on this thread, interested to see your post
>>
Just do it. That is the only way.

Think of life like a video game.

Everyone pretty much starts off at level 1 in social skills, and they slowly grind it out, get experience and level up the skill.

You were unfortunately born with a negative experience bonus, so progress is slower for you, but there is still only one way to level up (and tons of people with your same disadvantage have).

Just put yourself out there (be it in school, at bars, wherever). It's actually pretty simple. Repetition and experience are all it takes.
>>
>i have autism btw
>what are some good strategies/tips to becoming less socially awkward
>>
>>16955781
yes, that's what i typed
>>
>>16955710
You don't have to be autistic to be uncomfortable around strangers and new people. A lot of 'normies' feel that way.

Find a couple of friends you do feel comfortable with. Spend as much time as you can in their company. While enjoying yourself you will also be practicing your social skills in a safe setting. That will make you a little more confident of trying new settings, as you think "Well, talking about school (or whatever) always works with my friends. Let me try talking about it with these new guys."
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.