[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have about 3k saved in my bank, what's the best way to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1455977762832.png (340 KB, 942x942) Image search: [Google]
1455977762832.png
340 KB, 942x942
I have about 3k saved in my bank, what's the best way to invest that?
>>
Silver or gold.
>>
Put it in a savings account or retirement fund.
>>
>>16955464
Don't do this. If you don't know what you're doing speculating on commodities is how you lose your shirt.

>>16955499
This. If you don't know what you're doing, put your money somewhere safe that doesn't require you to micromanage it (investing in fixed income etc.)
>>
>>16955464
D O N T
O
N
T

Get a Roth IRA with Fidelity or a locked CD with a good, fixed interest rate. DO NOT invest in commodities.
>>
Keep it as cash. It's far too small of an amount to invest.
>>
>>16955553
Lol. Why not? Buy silver at 15 and sell at 38. Great deal. Hedge funds long term always outperform Roth ira and CDs.
>>
>>16955581
NO FUCK

Unless you are an EXPERT you should NOT EVER be trading commodities. IF you are an EXPERT you would not have commented 'lol why not' and wouldnt take my advice anyway I will say it again HEED MY FUCKING WARNING ITS A TERRIBLE FUCKING IDEA.
>>
>>16955583
Such a troll.

Give good reasons. I'll take them seriously. I have 2. Precious metals hedge outperforms long term and stocks are horrible unless you're day trading.

Your advice is reversed. Stocks should be done by professionals. Commodity market is fine for everyday investor so long as they don't need to liquidate and can sit on the investment.

Which will then outperform any CD and even plenty of blue chip stock.
>>
>>16955591
You are just misinformed and it's not you're fault; you're just wrong.
>>
>>16955580
this is how you stay poor OP
>>
>>16955439
It's too little to be worth putting anywhere but in a bank. There are too many possible emergencies that would require immediate access to it.

When you have at least $5000 you can think about putting half of it into a no-load index-linked mutual fund. (If you don't know any of those words, look them up).
>>
>>16955867
>>16955580
This, unless you want to go all or nothing and risk losing everything in one move the profit is just not worth for safe play.
>>
Index fund. It's a "sampler platter" of hundreds of stocks. Some of them will fail, some of them will do great, overall the whole thing will rise over time.

Sit on it, do nothing with it for the next few decades at least.
>>
>>16955439
Invest it in my back account
>>
$3000 is an emergency fund... not investment capital.

Keep it in a savings account and don't touch it unless your car needs a transmission or you sever a limb.
>>
>>16955591
>stocks are horrible unless you're daytrading
Anon come the fuck on
>>
>>16955439
/biz/
>>
>>16955439
Buy $3000 worth of anime body pillows and make a fort out of them in the woods.
>>
>>16956790
That's like four Miia dakis, not really enough for a fort.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.