[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever my gf and I (hell, anyone really) reach a different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: tmp_3048-cZiLN26412599770.gif (1 MB, 524x276) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3048-cZiLN26412599770.gif
1 MB, 524x276
Whenever my gf and I (hell, anyone really) reach a different conclusion on what to do in any given situation situation I feel a crushing loneliness and inadequacy, as often in my life my ideas were the unpopular ones and everyone ended up going with the other person's idea. What do I do?
>>
File: 1455913906102.jpg (488 KB, 1600x2400) Image search: [Google]
1455913906102.jpg
488 KB, 1600x2400
Seek consensus
>>
>>16955249
>What do I do?
Stop taking it personally. No one will ever 100% agree with anything you do.
>>
>>16955256

Huh?

>>16955265

I try but then am confronted by the horrifying realization that I will just be alone my entire life because no one will 100% get and understand amd think the same things as me.. I'm not talking different interests, I don't care if they have their own but they have to like everything I like (at least for my gf, more lenient for friends) and for decisions have to reach the same conclusions as me, and if they don't I get these feelings, and it makes me miserable..
>>
>>16955249
are you usually right? cause it's great fun to reach that moment, then you both go and do your separate thing and compare results. my favorite is "well my idea didn't work" to which i reply "I had things fixed like 30 minutes ago"

oh oh oh or "that thing I thought would be fun was boring and drama filled" to which i respond "i went to a rock wall and then shot guns and there was zero drama"

an overwhelmingly large segment of the population make poor choices. be happy that you're different.
>>
>>16955286

Yeah actually.. Just I have no one that's on the same page as me, and I'm crushed by the loneliness
>>
>>16955289
>Just I have no one that's on the same page as me, and I'm crushed by the loneliness
as are greats throughout history. so are you gonna be a sad sack or strive to be great?

idk, maybe I'm the wrong person to talk to about it. I find I operate better with less people around because we're not usually on the same page.
>>
File: Black-Sheep.jpg (75 KB, 620x389) Image search: [Google]
Black-Sheep.jpg
75 KB, 620x389
>>16955284
You need to run your ideas past more than one other person.

Take a survey, then if more than 50% of people tell you that you are wrong, accept that you are wrong.
>>
>>16955324
>Take a survey, then if more than 50% of people tell you that you are wrong, accept that you are wrong.
an individual shouldn't live their life by majority rule. your personal life isn't a democracy lol. the fuck are you smoking?

unless its like "the sky is red" no you're clearly wrong": if its like "I don't want to smoke pot" and you live in oregon then guess what your free will just got over ridden by your logic.

no thanks lol
>>
>>16955249
Stop being a bitch. I don't want to be a fedora tipper but siding for the sake of conformity is pathetic. My mindset is that others should prove themselves to me, not the other way around. Stand your ground, have some pride, grow some balls.
>>
>>16955313

Hm. I guess one problem I have with thinking like this is I am afraid to speak up for fear of making others angry I corrected them. I'm afraid I'll make them angry that I made them feel wrong or inferior, and in turn do something to make my life worse. IE pointing out my boss was doing something wrong (actual thing that happens quite often) and then he'll get upset and he'll find a way to fire me, or something.
>>
>>16955336
You're wrong.
>>
File: Top_All.png (1 MB, 1381x1187) Image search: [Google]
Top_All.png
1 MB, 1381x1187
>>16955336
Take a survey when your girlfriend disagrees with you.
>>
According to what you said, OP, I think you are then just not used to discuss opinions and explaining the logical path that lead you to a certain conclusion. Train yourself to expose to others your train of thought clearly. If they don't agree with the opinion at least they have to agree to your logic. And if they don't agree let them explain their logic to you. This is where constructive discussion takes place.
>>
>>16955637
Cont.

Not agreeing is not an issue. Wouldn't it be boring if everyone ageed with each other to everything ?

The people you meet are the sum of all their past experiences. By exchanging points of view and constructing a new conclusion both of the participants benefited from the encounter.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.