[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I go about finding how to move out of my parents house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: 1427392602971.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1427392602971.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
How do I go about finding how to move out of my parents house for the first time and living on my own /adv/ice?

>Basically, is it all about securing income at the locations average I choose to live in?

(spoiler: I've dropped out of college and have dreams for making money my own ways through hobbies / talents)
>>
>>16955198

Everyone's advice should pretty much start with how terrible your last idea is.

Securing a lease in a lot of cases requires some proof of employment, or otherwise a clear source of existing money, none of which it appears you have.

What kind of talents/hobbies does your standard college dropout have?
>>
File: 1442622596511.png (190 KB, 400x391) Image search: [Google]
1442622596511.png
190 KB, 400x391
>>16955204

You might be underage, or just an oldfag; hence oldfage: what are you over 30 years old?

Lets leave at entertainment you Negative Nancy.
>>
>>16955204
He's right OP.

A source of incomes first, living adjustments second.

If you have debt then it would be in your best interest to stay at your parents place unless you absolutely have to leave.
>>
>>16955198
Im in the same position. Renting a place solo means I give up most of my income for essentially nothing.
Parents are happy to let me stay and charge a pittance.

It'd work if I could snag a roomie but idk anybody in town.

Really I'm in no rush.
>>
File: 1436843515889.png (326 KB, 479x799) Image search: [Google]
1436843515889.png
326 KB, 479x799
>>16955219

I want to leave to be independent / privacy. I've lived in the same small house since I was born.

I've been working since I turned 16. I know 4chan is full of trolls . . .

>but think abstract you faggots
>those who aren't just be yourself
>>
>>16955217

I'm 29 and I have had the pleasure of being homeless before because living places is fucking expensive and no one wants to pay you for your bullshit unless you have a real talent.

So at least you got the age right.
>>
File: 1442636565605.png (299 KB, 540x532) Image search: [Google]
1442636565605.png
299 KB, 540x532
>>16955236

I don't know where you live. But it sounds like you don't know how to save money or work a minimum wage job full time.

Fuck you dude
>>
>>16955224
Do you want to have some money to live with or just be like a vagabond or something?

Life is not so plain and simple. I have known lots of people who are homeless and refuse to get jobs and I know why they stay the way they are, but they like it enough I don't say anything.

Otherwise I don't know what you mean by "abstract". I have bills and rent and student loans and a DUI charge hanging over my head with a good lawyer taking all the money out of my paychecks. It sucks, but you know what would suck even more? Not having a good job to help pay for all of it.
>>
>>16955244

Hhahahaha, a DUI charge?

I guess 4chan is full of losers

>not the mods though
>>
File: 1436587058483.png (486 KB, 496x517) Image search: [Google]
1436587058483.png
486 KB, 496x517
>>16955244

Fuck being vagabond. I need somewhere to sleep, and put my expensive computer and shit
>>
>>16955243

Vegas. The land of "I should be able to peddle my shit somewhere to some drunks, right?"

Anyways, I have a great job now, that doesn't pay minimum wage. I don't know where you live that pays a living minimum wage and where you managed to get "full time" hours at minimum wage.

If you have any money saved, that's different, but you're still gonna need a job at some point and not just peddle your "talents." You'll be living paycheck to paycheck and barely making enough money to eat and pay bills.
>>
>>16955198
Depends. What marketable skills do you have? How well do you perform on standardized tests?

Do you have a generally positive outlook on your current situation? Do you have a logical reason for not finishing school or having a job? Are you willing to work? Are you open-minded and willing to learn new concepts and ideas? Do you have decent communication skills?

Do you know what it will take in order to achieve your dreams? Do you have a plan or at least access to people who can help you formulate one?

I know it sounds like I am barraging you with questions, but I am asking them because these are all character qualities and credentials that employers look for in an interview.

If you do not have academic credentials, you must make it apparent to somebody interviewing you that you are an intelligent person and willing to learn new things.

When you don't have connections, you must focus on developing your interpersonal skills. Hopefully you made an effort to do so in the past, and understand what it takes to win an interviewer over.
>>
>>16955246
You laugh but wait until it happens to you.

Be the only one on the road driving home in the middle of the night and the cops will pull you over for anything.

And if you're OP then just grow up.
>>
File: 1428729803120.jpg (47 KB, 544x528) Image search: [Google]
1428729803120.jpg
47 KB, 544x528
>>16955262

I am OP, and I shall grow up. I already know all I have to hussle. It's just sad that I come to a favored website to have ciocky dumbies assume the worst when it comes to my life.

I've gotten tickets for having marijuana while driving already. Why would I drink and drive? You're probably just a fucking asshole. I mean that from my heart too.
>>
File: 1436239123573.jpg (36 KB, 332x363) Image search: [Google]
1436239123573.jpg
36 KB, 332x363
>>16955262

Going to sleep so I wont reply or read these anymore. But I'm hoping / assuming I struck a spot in your gross heart somewhere.
>>
Take a shit job and live in a shit place. Probably with a shit person or two so you have money leftover to save. Work on your other shit in your free time until you can do it full time.

I don't know why people are making it complicated. Dumbasses with no future and no dreams do it everyday. I'm sure you'll be fine.
>>
>>16955285
>>16955257
My comment is right here OP. Why are you listening to people that are making judgements on your based on their own preconceived notions about you?

You have not really learned how to accept yourself if you have not developed a positive mindset and if you cannot develop one then you don't really have a future. It's really fucking hard but if you can do it your life will be immensely better for it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.