[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ups and downs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Pudi.jpg (196 KB, 566x848) Image search: [Google]
Pudi.jpg
196 KB, 566x848
So, I'm gonna attempt to keep this as short and simple as possible (highly unlikely, sorry). I'm 18 y/o, fresh out of high school living wit my parents. I quit smoking cigarettes on February 1st and things were looking simple and easy after the 4 - 5 week mark. I planned on working on my physical fitness and health after I got the addiction under control, but, my parents really wanted me to go straight to work, whether I kicked the habit or not. So, one week ago I managed to snag a job that pays out 12.50$ an hour and the work is relatively simple and casual, pretty dank and lucky, I know, but I am still super stressed and it is my first time working (I've worked for cash before tho). I kind of have to kick my physical health to the side for a bit as well. With all of these changes (and a slew of other factors) happening so fast in my life my anxiety is through the roof and I am feeling extremely low. This has caused my mind to quickly hover over the idea of picking up my addiction again, which is honestly scaring me a bit. No more than 25 minutes ago I stole a cigarette, went outside, lit it up and had a few puffs. The sensation of putting the smoke up to my lips and inhaling felt a lot different than I remember, and the taste was different to say the least. I just stood there, stared at the cigarette for a seconds and hesitantly, yet successfully, threw it towards the ground and walked away. The whole time before the smoke my brain felt like it was floating inside my skull, it was a weird feeling, I can't quite describe. After this whole ordeal I'm not quite sure what is going to happen, I have no idea if this is just a slip up, or if it increases the chances of picking the habit up again etc.. I don't know if I should quite my job, or get some mental health evaluations, or pick up smoking, or just kms. I have no idea how to approach this situation and I am afraid of getting any help or even talking about it irl. I'm just worried that I'll snap and lose everything
>>
>>16955146
tl;dr
My mental health isn't so great and I am afraid of relapsing/making idiotic decisions.
Wat do?
>>
Whatever you do just don't go backwards, should definitely stop smoking if you really care about your health physical and mental.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.