[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been awake for 36 hours now but I can't fall asleep.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: thedream.png (93 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
thedream.png
93 KB, 540x309
I've been awake for 36 hours now but I can't fall asleep. My body is exhausted but there's something in my head that's preventing me from getting tired. Help pls
>>
What are you thinking about?
>>
Try taking melatonin?
>>
>>16954697
Nothing. I'm not even stressed, don't have anything to do so I'm just browsing 4chan to waste time. I don't even have enough concentration to play vidya.

>>16954704
I always wake up after an hour and then have the same problem again with melatonin.
>>
>>16954721
Bullshit. Your mind always thinks of something. Colours, smells. Memories. Strains of monolog. The mind is a vast thing to come to any conclusions with no information on your individual one. If you want help, tell us whats on your brain.
>>
>>16954730
My mind has been pretty much a blank the past few hours. I vaguely process what I'm seeing here, I can't remember thinking of anything else.
>>
>>16954692
this relaxing song will help you sleep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcYCzXOBbug

you're welcome!
>>
go see a medical professional
you dolt
>>
File: NTL-00457-6.jpg (238 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
NTL-00457-6.jpg
238 KB, 1600x1600
>>16954721

I've had problems with sleep most of my life, I've been prescribed meds, used alcohol, and weed as sleep aids and also tried melatonin multiple times.

In the past when I've tried melatonin I've had the standard 3mg tablets that is common to find in stores. It would work for a few days and then stop working well. Sometimes it just didn't work well at all from the start. I rarely used it because the effectiveness was so hit and miss even when taking 10mg. I'd often wake up in the middle of the night and not sleep very well even if it did get me to sleep.

Recently I skeptically tried a low dose. I bought one of those liquid melatonin from VitaminShoppe (pic related) and took one dropper (contains 0.25mg Melatonin). I've been taking it for 2 weeks and each night its been very effective. I have not built up a tolerance to it and I am getting to sleep just as well 2 weeks in as I did the first day. My girlfriend also finds the low dose much more effective for her than 3mg tablets.

If you have tried melatonin in the past without great results I highly recommended you try a very low dose.

MIT proved greater efficacy at lower dose in this study http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2005/melatonin.html
>>
>>16954754
>>16954755
I don't want to become dependant and thus making it even worse.
>>
>>16954767
What, you're worried about becoming dependent on a $1 per month medicine?

You're right tho. First is popping melatonin, then it's straight to shooting dope
>>
File: ambien-walrus-adventure.gif (16 KB, 630x499) Image search: [Google]
ambien-walrus-adventure.gif
16 KB, 630x499
>>16954767

Like I said, I've been on nearly everything and 0.25mg natural melatonin is nothing compared to being addicted to Zolpidem and meeting up with Ambien Walrus every night
>>
>>16954771
No, not being able to sleep without melatonin. I really don't want my sleeping problems to become worse without it/in the long run.
>>
File: tumblr_ln5rdlRlkh1qz967z.gif (24 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ln5rdlRlkh1qz967z.gif
24 KB, 500x332
>>16954778
>>
>>16954780
>>
File: Dj9WsnK.png (33 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
Dj9WsnK.png
33 KB, 400x273
>>16954785
>>
>>16954778
FUCK YES I LOVE THIS GUY

This shit is like Quaaludes it was really popular then dropped off the face of the earth for some reason.
>>
>>16954742
Blankness didn't make you make this thread. Anyway i won't make you bricks if you don't give me clay. Figure out how to help yourself.
>>
Go to bed OP
>>
You are just awake too long. Wait till you hit the 40 hours and you will be knocked out. Everything's normal and Okay. Trust me. Shift worker
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.