[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the girl I've been talking to for quite some time told
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: _20160324_184945.jpg (120 KB, 768x783) Image search: [Google]
_20160324_184945.jpg
120 KB, 768x783
So the girl I've been talking to for quite some time told me that I tend to bring out the worst in her. I've been told this all of my life and I seem to make people negative. My only problem is that I'm brutally honest to the point of rudeness, I'm also incredibly realistic and don't live in a dream world.

I'm quite literally a "Debbie Downer", but for some reason people flock to me and I have no problem meeting people or socializing.

What the hell do I do?
>>
File: 1305111107465.jpg (134 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1305111107465.jpg
134 KB, 333x500
>I'm brutally honest to the point of rudeness, I'm also incredibly realistic and don't live in a dream world
>>
Maybe you should consider the idea that you aren't as realistic as you think and should learn to shut the fuck up or make a joke instead of point out some edgy truth.
>>
>>16954547
>>16954541
I'm confused about what you're getting at. People like to hear certain things, I don't say those things because it plays up their ego, instead give them an honest opinion and explain my thoughts, usually to their disdain. That's what I'm talking about Idk what kind of "edgy truths" you're talking about.

I mean "Hey, I just drew this picture(that obviously looks like complete shit), what do you think of it?"

"It looks like shit, maybe you should try......". Nobody likes hearing that though because people already have preset responds that they'd like to hear.
>>
I know a guy like you, so I´m going to be level here. You just probably sound like a jackass when you don´t really have to or when it´s not "proper" (and yes, there are such times and yes, you will have to learn to discern them).

Sometimes people like empathy more than honesty. Sometimes it´s because they know the truth and can´t do anything about it. Sometimes they just need to grow stronger before they hear it.

Sometimes it´s good to soften the blow, say it nicely or say only a part (i.e. I don´t think this makes you look good instead of This makes you look like a slut)

The brutal approach may be fine with small things, but not for big ones. For everyone, different things are important, you may not be able to tell which are and which not. And you have to remember - things you say are still considered your opinion, not necessarily the truth.

Anyway it´s possible to tell the honest truth even without being a jackass. It just takes training, concentration. Just think before saying the "brutal truth" and be really conscious of HOW you say things more (for many people it counts more than you think).
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.