[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fake/forced love?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
So I have a girlfriend and I can't even answer your question. I don't really feel anything. I put an emotional attachment on her just because I need someone. She says she loves me but it doesn't feel real when I say it back. I don't love other women but I just want her around. I love her but I don't feel it. Almost as if I'm forcing myself to love her.

Can anyone explain what this is or what is happening to me? She's my first girlfriend and I've been with her for 4 months.

I also think I'm emotionally attached to her because I feel really depressed and stressed often and the only person I can talk to is her. I seriously consider suicide when she's not around but I don't feel "love" like people describe.

Is there something wrong with me?
>>
Self bump
>>
Please reply
>>
Someone
>>
>>16954326
Dude, I was in the same place as you, I made the mistake of staying with her, it eventually I left and it destroyed her, I know, if you're anything like me you don't give a shit about that, but you will, dead set man, I know it's hard to be alone but the pain you'll cause this girl will easily outweigh the pain of you being alone if you drag this out, just leave her and find someone you will find an emotional connection with, I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's what you need to do.

Just for the sake of this girl man, don't let your own fears of being alone drag out the heart ache for this girl, the longer you are together, the more it'll hurt her when you leave.
>>
Yeah I mean it sounds like you kind of nailed it in the OP my man.

You kinda KNOW when you're in love, I think you know that you're not. But that's okay, don't beat yourself up for feeling like that. It sounds like you just have some other things you struggle with and she provides a crutch, intimacy, someone who you at least connect with.

In the long run, breaking up would be the best thing if you honestly don't feel the same way she does. It will probably crush her, not going to lie, but it will only get worse with time IF you continue letting her believe you're as into it as she is.

There's not an easy solution, but I would recommend a talking therapy of some kind to try and get at why you..well, why you consider suicide the rest of the time. That's more than likely connected to your fear of being by yourself.

Like, by that I actually mean it is one hundred percent guaranteed to be connected.
>>
>>16954454
>>16954466
Thank you guys I'll think about it.
>>
File: gob.gif (2 MB, 530x301) Image search: [Google]
gob.gif
2 MB, 530x301
I felt the same with someone back in high school.
I loved being in a relationship but I didn't love her herself.
I broke up with her, then after a month or two I started getting lonely and wanted to get back together, so we did.
Which was a stupid fucking decision. Literally mfw directly after getting back together.

I thought I could force myself through the relationship but I realized that wasn't what a relationship was so I broke up with her again after about 3 weeks.
>>
>>16954659
No. Don't fucking think about it you thick fuck, you said yourself you don't love her, stop fucking her around you cunt.
>>
>>16954735
But I WANT to love her.
>>
>>16954691
Like I saidI WANT to love her. Is there a way I can fool myself into loving her?
>>
>>16954744
No there isn't you don't love her its as simple as that, you can't trick yourself, I'm not going to reply anymore, quite frankly if you don't leave her the next time you text/see her then you've got no hope of ever finding someone that will make you truly happy because you're wasting your time with someone you don't love, when the girl you could truly love is still out there.

LEAVE THIS GIRL NOW.

I'm out.
>>
>>16954744
Sorry anon I know how much you want to love her but f it's not there then it's not there.
You may think that fooling yourself into loving her is a good decision now, but you will never be truly happy with your relationship and will miss out on SO many better women out there that you will genuinely fall in love with.

Honestly OP, if you stay with her you will never be truly happy in your life and will be your biggest regret.
>>
>>16954454
Listen to this guy.

I was going to type a story based on recent events, but it's not worth it.

Just man up, ask her to meet on a public but with some privacy place (e.g. a park) and end it swiftly.

Also don't be a giant faggot and put the blame on her.

Go with "I just don't feel the same as when we started dating" or something along those lines.

The blame is on your side and you must be able to take it.
>>
You're lonely and want some companionship, that's all. Nothing wrong with that, it's only human. How does it make you feel? This relationship?
>>
>>16954896
>Nothing wrong with that
Nothing wrong with telling someone you love them when you don't?
>>
>>16954934

No, not really. Nor do I think there's something wrong with you. You're doing what a lot of people do. They seek companionship and stay with a person they aren't truly in love with. You care about the person, but you don't think of them as your lover.

I've been in this type of relationship before myself. In the end though, we broke up. I just got tired of it, in the end I couldn't endure it any longer. It all depends on whether you're willing to pursue this indefinitely or not.
>>
>>16954977
>In the end though, we broke up. I just got tired of it, in the end I couldn't endure it any longer.
Exactly my point.

You're leading the other person on because you're afraid to be alone.

You end up being alone either way and hurting the other person much more than what was necessary.
>>
>>16954985
This guy knows his shit.
>>
once upon a time I had a gf and felt the same way. I had just never had one before so I wanted to see what it was all about, she was willing and wasn't entirely unattractive to me.

I guess I sorta ruined her life
>>
I just had a similar scenario. I was angry all the time. I eventually realized it was because I was lying to her and still being unhappy after lying.

The worst part for me was that a man I respected was close with her and told me I was making a mistake cause of my school stress.

I absolutely hate myself in a similar way op. The only way I keep myself from being a complete shot show is throwing myself at work.

I'm still recovering from this. It hurts me that she isn't mad at me. It hurts me that she still loved me. Cause I absolutely hate myself. Be prepared to feel this one. Last night I got shit faced cause I ran into the aforementioned guy and he treated me the same way as when I was dating this girl.

Anyway. It ain't easy. But it's unethical to lead this girl on any further.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.