[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a 22 year old chick and I hate my voice. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: hat.jpg (40 KB, 600x422) Image search: [Google]
hat.jpg
40 KB, 600x422
I'm a 22 year old chick and I hate my voice. I don't have crazy goals for some kind of female morgan-freeman caliber voice, and I don't want like...a psuedo-sexy airport announcer voice either.

I just want to sound like not a dork. My voice is pretty normal. But I don't like it. I like deep lady voices, and I've read a lot about deepening the voice. But it's not enough .

Are their guides anywhere for general (male or female, I don't think it matters at my level) voice improvement?

I don't have the money to hire a speech therapist, don't really NEED one occupationally, and, since I don't have an actual disorder, feel that would be a dick move.

General "speak clearly" "slooow down" advice helps, because my speech patterns are also shit, but I'm really interested in how to pull that all together to help my voice itself.

Laruen Bacall didn't always have that amazing voice. It can be done.

TL;DR Help me improve my voice.
>>
Bumpits
>>
Maybe try singing lessons? They would teach you how to breath properly and how to project your voice, so that may help.
>>
Fun fact:

Men are attracted to women with a higher pitched voice, less attracted to women with deeper voices.

Granted this isn't true for *everyone*, but in surveys and tests this was the preferences.

The opposite applied for what women liked in men's voices.
>>
>>16954124

Don't care.
I want my voice to sound good to me.
>>
Vocaroo your voice so we can actually give you advice.
>>
>>16954132

That's a great attitude to have! I don't have any advice otherwise, good luck on your voice altering adventures.
>>
>>16953986
How about you fucking deal with it like everyone else does?
>>
>>16954133
This. But say "The pizza can't go beyond 8 light years. The starter was charged at 873 degrees but I'm not sure where we've landed."
>>
>>16954147

Deal with what? Not liking something I can improve? That's not dealing with it. That's giving up and pretending you have no responsibility in hating yourself.

>>16954153
Bf has my headset, so I recorded this on fucking headphones, sorry.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s07blFtyHDaJ
>>
File: Co2FAho.jpg (75 KB, 757x960) Image search: [Google]
Co2FAho.jpg
75 KB, 757x960
>>16954132
>
>Don't care.
>I want my voice to sound good to me.
I know you want that but your voice will never sound good to you. Even if you had the most amazing voice ever you would still not like it. We don't like out own voices but that doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like the sound of your voice.
>>
>>16954167
Are you fat? Losing weight will change how your voice sounds marginally.
>>
>>16954167
Honestly....I kind of like your voice. Its calm and slightly soothing...and pretty hot as well
>>
>>16953986
Jesus christ, get a real problem. What the fuck
>>
>>16954171

You're probably right.

>>16954179
Thanks. I think it sounds kinda basic and unintelligent. I used to do poetry competitions, and I liked that because I could practice for months to say an exact thing totally perfectly.
Lecturing is a totally different story though.
>>
>>16954167
Literally nothing wrong here.
>>
>>16954167
Improving your voice? What the fuck is wrong with you? If your voice sucks, it sucks. Fucking deal with it.
>>
>>16954198

I'm really concerned with appearances/presentation. I'm a mess right now, but slowly getting better, and I'd like my voice to be as killer as everything else.

So yeah, I'm insecure about weird crap.

But I'm also planning on being a professor, and my voice already makes me feel weird about my TA job, grant-grabbing, talking to investors and other things like that. I sound normal, but I don't think I sound like an intelligent person who knows what they are talking about.
>>
>>16954167
>Bf has my headset, so I recorded this on fucking headphones, sorry.
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s07blFtyHDaJ

Another anon, I like your voice. On the lower raspy end enough that it's actually kind of hot
>>
oh voocaroo, neat.

>reading the dumb pizza line

holy shit i sound like a fucking bad voice actor, not like i give a shit though...i just feel bad for everyone who has to listen to me
>>
>>16954243

Post it.
>>
>>16954252

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1w8Xn1g5Anu
>>
>>16954270
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s1w8Xn1g5Anu
>>
>>16954167
>>16954270
Why is this so amusing to me? Please, somebody else say it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.