[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It has been two weeks since i quit but I'm still craving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: justone.jpg (18 KB, 385x297) Image search: [Google]
justone.jpg
18 KB, 385x297
It has been two weeks since i quit but I'm still craving every day. When is it going to stop ? Is it worth it ? Fuck my life.
>>
Yes, it's worth it. Even if you wanted to die of lung cancer, saving the money is totally worth it. Anyone who tells you it isn't a lot of money is doomed to be a poorfag forever. The richest people I know are the stingiest, with good reason.

Also, I've watched 5 people now, of various ages, die of respiratory disease and I'd fucking shoot myself first. Painful, no fucking dignity.
>>
Exercise (cardio is excellent for this) and go to a sauna for the next two weeks.

Once you detox your body, you won't want a cig. & if you smoke one, you will have toxic feels.

I smoked for 10+ years and the above worked for me. That, and thinking, "do I really want to be a /smoker/ my whole life?" Also: old women that have smoked for a long time. Their raspy voices are gnar as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyVLKHEqTu0
>>
Every day cravings will be gone soon. You'll probably have your first easy day the next time you're busy with stuff.

The intermittent cravings will be with you forever. One day you're going to be standing around somewhere, maybe having a cup of coffee, watching some birds shit on a car and you'll suddenly think "Man, I could use a smoke right now."

Of course it's worth it. Cancer sucked. Gonna suck some more if it comes back.
>>
>>16953927
>When is it going to stop ?
It will never stop completely, but it gets a bit easier every day. In a few month you will only rarely think of smoking.
> Is it worth it ?
I would say yes, my health got better after I quit.
>>
For me it got easier each time I tried quitting. Don't beat yourself up if you have a relapse, just go at it again and give it another try. I haven't smoked for around two years now and feel great, I never get cravings anymore although I do enjoy the smell and don't mind hanging around smokers.
>>
>>16953927
It does get easier over time - in fact, today was proably easier for you than day one. The thing is because it happens so gradually you don't really notice it, not until you've been off them a while. I smoked quite heavily for 18 years, 30 - 40 a day. My first big milestone was after 3 weeks, which was the first time I managed to go a whole day without shouting at someone. After a month it was still hard, but nothing like as bad as it was at first, then it's just downhill from there really. You'll catch yourself thinking "huh, I haven't thought about smoking for hours now", then slowlt it turns to dats, then weeks, then months.

>>16953950
>The intermittent cravings will be with you forever.
Can confirm. It's been about a decade since I stopped, but maybe once or twice a year I'll out of the blue get the kind of craving where you'd happily kill a man for a cigarette. Luckily it only lasts for a few minuites at most.
>>
I tried to stop Tuesday... I woke up yand the cravings were so strong I couldn't get past lunch time.
Gonna try again Monday
>>
>>16954097
>i smoked heavily for 18 years
>It's been about a decade since i stopped

>28 years since and starting and stopping smoking

Dad pls go and stay go.
>>
I quit smoking on May 14 2014 and yes it's totally worth it. I quit craving them after about a week and haven't looked back. Smoke actually smell horrid to me now, really nauseating.

Just stick with it. Smoking doesnt really give you anything but addiction, cancer, heart problems and resperitory problems.
>>
>>16953927
You won't believe how nauseating the smell of it once you quit for awhile, I swear I couldn't believe I've ever smoked after smelling someone who smokes after I quit. Fucking horrid and
Makes me almost puke when I smell them now.
>>
I'll help you quit sucking fags, OP. ;)
>>
Physical dependence on nicotine is very short, no more than 8 hours. You can easily sleep through it, and not NEED a cigarette in the morning. There are no withdrawal symptoms from tobacco.

Most smokers will tell you the last cig of the day is the most satisfying, and the first of the day is the least.

The problem quitting is habit, not addiction.
Break the habits.

I smoke occasionally, and I enjoy it.
I use, but I don't abuse the drug.
I don't carry them with me everywhere i go.
I never smoke indoors.
>>
Take comfort and pride in the fact that it gets better with each passing day.

>source: ex smoker of 10 years here, stopped in February 2011
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.