[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Promised progression in Job, but have seen none. Need it now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-03-11 11.59.58.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-11 11.59.58.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I have been a chef for over 5 years, and through a lot of hard work and extra hours I've managed to become a Head Chef. I recently (October 2015) got approached by a company to become their Head Chef. They are a new company, and have been around for just over a year, so are learning as they go. They are very very profitable and are opening up two more shops this year. I joined the company because I saw a lot of promise, and invested my time and skills in the company with the promise that I will become the manager of every additional kitchen opening up.
I started on a measly £7.00p/h and was promised an increase as soon as I proved I could do what I said I could. I have yet to receive any increase although querying it. My responsibilities have increased, I now take care of 90% of orders, menu design, pricing, weekly special design and pricing, additional prep work at home and supplier relations.
I am patiently waiting any word from them, as I am in the midst of trying to move out with my Girlfriend. We need to move out by June and are struggling to be taken seriously by any estate agents as I'm only on £12,000 ish a year.
Do I query my wage with my employers? Do you think they're playing me? (Although if I leave, they cannot run the kitchen by themselves, as they have no other chefs and any other staff that can make the food I do) Do you think I should start to seek either additional work, or a new job?
The problem is, with the company growing at such a speed, and I pull out now because I'm struggling, I will lose the opportunity to become a high ranking employee within a business I can see becoming a country wide name.
Thanks for reading, any help would be great!
>>
You are getting fucked.

Go to main boss. Tell him you have 25k job 35hr week starting in two weeks. See what happens.

Head Chefs of multiple locations don't make hourly. Let alone 7 hourly.
>>
You pretty much tell them you are not working another minute until they give you the wage increase they promised.

You aren't a charity, and the amount they are paying you for the responsibilities that you now have is essentially them trampling on you and treating you like shit.

They will have to cave if you are the only one. I'm surprised they are expanding as you say they are, as they seem to be fucking retarded when it comes to business if they think it's a good idea to not only have one single chef that makes the food you do, but to also treat you like trash and ignore your inquiries.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.