[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Choosing a hobby for the future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: coding classroom.jpg (54 KB, 450x470) Image search: [Google]
coding classroom.jpg
54 KB, 450x470
I realized I have to decide on a hobby to focus on if I wanna become any good at it. I'm 18 and I want to hopefully make money from one of them down the line. Which one would be the best to focus more on? I like all of them about equally.

>computer programming
>electronic music production
>playing guitar
>video editing
>digital art

I would consider myself pretty skilled in all of them but I think I need to focus on one if I wanna have a shot at making money from it. I have done all of these except the digital art one in a serious manner (concert, game programming project and contributing to open source projects, made a songs for Youtube channels etc, made a movie that got accepted for a local film festival. But I still need to get better to be able to support myself on it.

I have been thinking of which one to choose for 6 months now and now I'm asking your for advice.
>>
Does anyone have any advice?
>>
Oh, and excuse my English, I'm not a native speaker. Reading through it now, I realize I made some mistakes.
>>
>>16953662
Yes, choose less miserably isolating hobbies. I hope you aren't planning on making friends and becoming involved with a community of like-minded fellows with those hobbies.
>>
Money wise programing would be best imo
>>
>>16953707
I'm pretty introverted so I guess they suit me. The video editing makes me work with others a bit and of course when I was playing guitar in a band.

What hobbies would you suggest based on my current hobbies? I don't really wanna start from zero.
>>
>>16953510
I'm gone give you a new option. Blacksmithing. Its badass. If your blades or axes or what have you are decent you can sell them. Seriously there is no downside.
>>
>>16953510
OP you forgot one:
>Sucking dick

I'm sure you'll be real good at that. I bet you're a natural!
>>
>>16953821
Yeah, I'm not gay though. Thanks for the suggestion. You must really love it to recommend it so much. I'll keep it in mind ok?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.