[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My wife has this shitty ass friend that annoys the shit out of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (127 KB, 975x1000) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
127 KB, 975x1000
My wife has this shitty ass friend that annoys the shit out of me. She's almost always rude to my wife. Gives her shit because she doesn't have as much free time as her. My wife has a job and goes to school. Meanwhile, her friend just works and still lives with her parents. She got bitchy at my wife because she didn't get her the makeup she wanted for her bday. She's immature and childish. My wife also told me she used to steal clothes from her and denied it when my wife confronted her.

What can I do? She invited my wife for her bday dinner Wednesday and my wife thought I was invited too. But I wasn't. And I'm supposed to give my wife money to go to this dinner ( my wife only has money for bills since she is full time student) she also invited my wife to a club which I cannot go on since I'm 20.

All this bitch talks about is makeup and fucking dudes. She contributes nothing to my wife's life. My wife doesnt even share her intimate stuff best friends usually talk about like being depressed or sex life ect... yet she calls her bestfriend.

They have been friends since elementary school but I feel like this bitch is holding my wife back

We are moving to a much bigger apt and she mentioned having her sleep over. I didn't say anything but she will not be welcomed.

Tl;dr: my wife's best friend is immature all she talks about is hooking up with dudes and spending her income on top tier make up and clothes. My wife gets jealous sometimes and spends money she doesn't have on make up. Fucking up her credit and having less money to spend on us.

Please no comments on my age or my wife's age. I'm 20. My wife is 22 and her friend just turned 21.
>>
If you're wife cannot see that this is causing a detriment to her life and yours, there is literally nothing you can do.

You need to talk to your wife and point these things out to her, because it seems to her that her friend's mannerisms and way of life are just "how she is and always has been".

The fact that your wife gets jealous over a petty superficial friend is a bad sign though.
>>
>>16953485

talk to your wife about her real feelings on her friend. if she doesn't actually like her friend anymore, DONT suggest she dumps her friend. that will make her feel sad, and like you are trying to be the only thing in her life.

instead, suggest she focus on new friends. offer to host a little 'dinner party' or whatever for her friends from work or school, people she doesnt know well but would like to get to know more. if shes more on the nerd side, invite them over for game night. if they're more on the party side, just invite them over for beer pong.

point is to offer to help facilitate her opening up her friend circle, as opposed to closing out the only(?) friend she does have.

but if your wife doesnt see her as anything more than am inor annoyance, than you are more or less stuck with her.

you cant blame her friend for your wife's bad shopping habits.
>>
>>16953499
I've suggested ny wife to make friends. I have introduced her to my female high school friends and she would talk to them for 3 days and then stop replying.

My wife stops spending money on make up for awhile and then when her friend rubs on her face her new make up shit I suddenly see that she bought a $50 makeup kit with her maxed out credit card
>>
>>16953509

>uive suggested my wife to make friends
>i handed her my own and expected them to just work life puppies

cool. now, instead of doing that, do what i advised in my initial post.

>my wife spends money

cant blame it on her friend. your wife made these decisions. if shes easily influenced by her friends thats something she needs to work on. braggy or not, it is not her friends jjob to hide her life from her so she wont spend
>>
>>16953518
Her friend is just shit.

The other night her phone was ringing and she got a text from her on a group chat with her and my wife's little sister.

Her friend was like "oh I'll let you have my old brushes because I see you have shitty old ones and you can't afford new ones" and 3 texts before she sent pics of her $40 brushes
>>
>>16953526

uh huh. but like i said, its not her job to not be braggy to your wife.

i gave you advice, but it seems you dont want advice, you want to whine.
>>
Divorce her. Its gonna fucking happen anyway just do it
>>
>>16953529
I'm not ignoring your advice man. Just venting.

You made a good point. I'll throw a BBQ at my place this summer and invite my friends.

Should I invite hers? What if she brings it up?
>>
>>16953554

read my post again mate
>>
>>16953554
Sounds like you are extremely butthurt about what you wife's friend did to you and you are so petty you are going to take it out on your wife.

Man the fuck up and talk to your wife about it. About the make up thing and about her firend. You are an adult and part of being an adult is to manage your finances so you can pay bills and other shit. If your wife does not understand something as basic as this i can assure you that you will have big problems later that will most likely have a negative impact in your marriage.
>>
>>16953485
>spends money she doesn't have on make up

This is part of being a woman. It's hard for you to bitch about this unless you guys are going hungry or are homeless. Find something else to rag about.
>>
>>16953576
I am not butthurt about it. It just made me realize that my wife used to spend money on her, bought her stuff and shit when she had no money and now she invites my wife but doesn't offer to pay for her food. She knows my wife is tight on money but just makes fun of her because of it.
>>
File: 1456656976078.jpg (70 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1456656976078.jpg
70 KB, 300x300
>>16953583

>more whining less doing
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.