[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I trained to be a Programmer. Mom wants me to be a mechanic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
I trained to be a Programmer. Mom wants me to be a mechanic.

I graduated from College in 2007 with a Bachelors in Computer Science. However, because of my disability, my mother though I should be on Social Security Disability Income and take a part time job, and be part of some vocational program with people with worse disabilities some who never graduated high school, were on drugs, had been in and out of jail, yet for some reason the geniuses at our State Vocation Reabilitation office though I would be perfect for such program.

It has been a turmultuous 8 years later. I've been in two of those programs, one where I was kicked out and Voc Rehab didn't want to speak to me any more after I tried stating my case that I wasn't a violent person.

Without VR's help this past year, I managed to acquire a part time job with the help of my dad. Ad despite fighting with my mother for the past 8 years to tell her "there are no part-time positions in the tech industry", she has continued to push that I work at a local aircraft factory to become an aircraft mechanic despite that I trained to be a software engineer to do things that were far from the field of aircraft engineering or mechanical stuff, never went to a technical school, and despite doing well at the college I went to always seem to flunk out of whatever community college course that I take.

Yet she is persistent. And she is obstinate. And she is losing her job at the end of the month. And both Social Security and Voc Rehab want to meet up next week.

(1/2)
>>
TLDR: I'm ready to grow up and take a full time job, but mom doesn't want me to fearing failure so she wants me to be something else and train to be something else so that VR pays for it and so Social Security pays me still.

How do I take some fucking sense into her?

(Yeah, I know I should have done this sooner, but she have a problem with this until unemployment became her problem too.)

(2/2)
>>
>>16953418
>have had a degree for the greater side of ten years
>degree with monetary potential
>still a mommy's boy
What the fuck OP? You don't have to listen to her lol.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.