[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Applying for a job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: notice.jpg (132 KB, 900x800) Image search: [Google]
notice.jpg
132 KB, 900x800
I applied for a job at my local cinema after I saw a notice requesting a part-time worker.

This seems perfect for me. I have an avid interest in all things multimedia, a college degree in film+television production, and have attended this cinema over 100 times in 2012-2013.

I'm in crisis-mode at this time in life. Totally broke, don't have one Euro. I'm not receiving state benefits. My family, relatives, and friends have outcast me. I need a fucking job in short. I've applied to all the local shops without success, but this seems it's gotta be it.

I sent them an email about a week ago, but have yet to receive any word back from them.
I just want your feedback. Did I fuck up the email?
>>
File: email.jpg (126 KB, 818x465) Image search: [Google]
email.jpg
126 KB, 818x465
Here's the email.

All the info stated is true.
>>
>>16953186
>Here's the email.

Don't tell a potential employer you're broke.
>would prefer
No potential employer cares about what you prefer. You need them more than they need you.
Just list your qualifications; don't talk about how you feel you'd be a good fit for the job. That's for them to decide.

Hope this helps
>>
>>16953186
>level 7 bachelor's degree
what the fuck is this? yuropoor education is weird.
>>
>>16953213
It's a standard college degree. Level 8 qualifies as a master's degree.
>>
You have a degree and want to work as some fucking popcorn seller cum lackie in some crappy cinema ? Are you kidding ?
Get a job in some production company or something, or a runner for some local tv company.
Cleaning up styrofoam cups and burger wrappers from under seats that stink of cum is not a good way to utilize your degree, believe me.
>>
>>16953573
My intitial intentions with the course was to learn more about how to produce good multimedia entertainment. It was a waste of time. I've never had any intention in using the degree to get a job in the industry or anything like that. To put it another way - the degree is fucking useless to me. I'd give it to someone who wanted it if I could. The only reason I mentioned it in the email is because I hoped it showed how legitimate my passion was in regard to films and cinema-going.
>>
>yuropoors need a fucking specialized university degree to get a part time job at a cinema

sorry to poke fun, but that's absurd.

good luck regardless
>>
>>16953577
Well if its money you are after, then i suggest you ask some local builders if they need a laborour. They will be much more understanding and will probably help you out more when you tell them you are starving to death and need to work.
Don't try and explain your circumstances to some wanker of a cinema manager, who won't give a fuck anyway. In fact tell him to stick his job up his arse.
Then when you have made a few quid, go to the cinema in your free time and take a knife and cut the seats to ribbons, or leave wrappers all over the floor or go to the toilet and piss all over the floor and walls as payment for letting the wanker try and humiliate you.
>>
>>16953603
That is some very good advice. I thank you.
>>
>>16953186
The cinema needed a grunt. You sent them a 'technician'.

You fucked up.
>>
>>16953603

Agree with the labor bit but uh...

>then punish people who could have been you for something middle management did

Nice class consciousness bruh.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.