[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong to want to feel like you're not being judged?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: p8mpbnolztn23f5ooiah.jpg (153 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
p8mpbnolztn23f5ooiah.jpg
153 KB, 1600x900
Is it wrong to want to feel like you're not being judged?

Lately I've been drifting without any idea of what I want out of life, but I feel like I can't turn to my friends or family without someone saying 'well you should be doing this, when I was your age etc.' or 'you may as well do it, not like you have anything better going on'.

Even with my closest friend, I feel embarrassed to talk to him because eventually he'll offer me advice like 'you should be more proactive and doing this that or the other', while he's doing great at his developer job and I just don't have the same motivation that he or my peers have about their jobs.

I appreciate they're only trying to help, but to me it feels like life is a giant river, and everyone else is going at full speed in a certain direction while I'm just paddling around wondering where I should go.

Even then, waiting around trying to work it out makes me feel like I'm being coward and that everyone else is disappointed in me.

I might be getting a few job interviews sorted out soon, but in the back of my head I'm just thinking, 'What's the fucking point?'.
>>
>>16952546
i hate when people measure me by what job I have, it makes me want to kill myself
>>
There's a balance to be struck. Sometimes people are just being inappropriate and it's best to avoid them. Sometimes the feedback you're getting is actually worth putting into practice. There's misery to be had in tipping too far in either direction, though. In your case I think you're in danger of tipping too far toward "I know what's best for me" at the expense of what will realistically be the bulk of your social relationships in your life. People in your life will sometimes be right, in the sense that you would actually be happier if you tried what they're suggesting.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.