[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Math or no math
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
So here's the deal. After school I want to go and study film (directing, producing, editing, etc). When it comes to mathematics I get bad grades and I hate it, and I'm not sure if I'm actually going to need it for my career. Is it worth the risk to not study maths as an essential subject? I feel like I'm limiting myself if I don't study it, but if I fail the course then it'll seriosuly effect my chances of getting into a university. What do I do anons?
>>
>>16952371
You will use math every day of your life (if you know how to use it). You'd be severely limiting your options if you went without.

>inb4 you dont use math hurr derr
>>
>>16952371
90% of any film job is raising money, applying for grants, fixing budgets, and the like. Does any of that sound vaguely related to math?

Oh, and learn the difference between AFFECT and EFFECT. It might come up.
>>
Basic algebra is baseline for everything you do in life. Everything else is optional.
>>
>>16952371
you don't need math to go into film, but honestly you can put in way less work in a math course, there aren't 2000 word essays and shit

spend some time on khanacademy during your summer and youll realize it's actually really simple, it just seems hard on the outset
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.