[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get extreme anxiety when I know I'm being judged or evaluated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1321331.jpg (87 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
1321331.jpg
87 KB, 500x749
I get extreme anxiety when I know I'm being judged or evaluated by someone, disabling me from passing my drivers license (I've tried twice).

My doctor won't prescribe me with anything because he's really reluctant to and says "just exercise everyday." He gave me beta blockers (for migraines) but those don't help.

This is ruining my life. What do?
>>
Why don`t you excercise just as your doctor recommended? What? Is it too hard for you to break a sweat?
>>
>>16951942
Have you tried exercising every day?
>>
>>16951952
I do, but can only manage to exercise 3-4 times a week because my muscles get too sore. Even this only marginally helps.
>>
>>16951965
Oh so you can only excercise the recommended amount of days a week? Shame.

I think that the point is that excercise should strike you with motivation and willingness to change, given that you are doing something healthy.
>>
>>16951965
Are you lifting or doing cardio?

Honestly, medicine will fuck you up in the long run.

It really is best to conquer this while you're young because you will always have to deal with these kinds of situations.

I would say, also, make sure to exercise before doing things you're nervous about.

And maybe just, like, practice. Maybe go out and do an open mic or something where you need to be in front of an audience. The first couple times you do it will be horrifying but after a while it'll stop being so scary.
>>
>>16951972
Yes, and not the recommended "daily." My doctor claims that exercising strengthens the brain region that produces serotonin etc. but I can't keep up with the daily exercising with my schedule consisting of ~14 hrs of lab work daily.
>>
>>16951978
I do both cardio and strength training.

Thanks for the advice, but I feel so pessimistic and feel like I can't be helped. I'm ok with public speaking but when I know that something as essential as my driver's license is on the line (and the $50 to retake the test), I lose my mind.
>>
>>16951989
14 hours is crazy. In my case, I`m out of the house for uni for 10-12 hours daily and find time.
>>
(OP) Is there no solution? Weed calms me down but it's probably not a good idea to do my test on it (or is it?)
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.