[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been over three hours with no response. My life is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 20160323_234010.png (202 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160323_234010.png
202 KB, 1080x1920
It's been over three hours with no response. My life is over lads.

How do I talk to girls? I'm just such a boring cunt
>>
You don't open up with "hey" as a start
>>
>>16951939
Imagine this in real life.
-”Hey”
>”Who are you?”
>”Becky`s friend”
>...
And you just stand there for 3 hours.
>”Why don`t you respond???”
>>
>>16951963
Accidental greentext
>>
>>16951946
>>16951963
I'm worried if I say anything more it'll sound desperate or like a pickup line or something. I see what you're saying though, any ideas for what to start with?

And do I still have a chance to save it with this girl or am I fucked
>>
Don't over think it just say you got caught up with life shit and she'll understand don't over think it op. Ya know "go caught up with something's and finished it but what's up?"

You didn't fuck up just overthinkin shit yo
>>
>>16951969
We have no background, and desu continuing this after 3 hours of silence might seem desperate or odd. I think that most messages girls receive from random guys just seem weird to them, and they mostly don`t give a shit.
Why is your mentality ”do I have a chance with this girl or am I fucked”? Just move on.
>>
>>16951969
How would we know what to start with? you're the one who knows her
>>
>"respond pls"
>>
>>16951982
Normally I'd take your advise but it's hard to believe I got "caught up with life" at midnight
>>
>>16952003
If you're in college no same in sayin hw. If it's games no shame and saying "I had to finish a couple of rounds" or my go to "I wanted a burger and went to ____ (any 24 hr resteraunt) needed to eat" so many options. Or say you took a nap I took a day to reply to a guy he didn't give a shit and I even left the previous message "gonna take a dump" still good pals just saying who gives a shit and play it off non chalant sure she does the same too
>>
hey

>who is this?

it's Anon, a friend of Anonette. Do you recognise me?

> (yes/no/whatever)

I saw you at #someshitplace with #somefaggot last weekend. I really liked the #color shirt/bag/hat you were wearing. That was you wasn't it?

>yes/no/whatever

>OK. Well I was wondering if we could #meet #fuck #commit-act-of-terror sometime. I have an extra #ticket #voucher to a #move #meal #ISIS_beheading and would like you to go with me. It's just to hang out and chill.

>Who are you again?/Not in this lifetime./Maybe

I'm the guy #### at #### when #### was there/ OK, no need to be a dip shit about it/ Cool. Can I have your number and I'll call you later this week.

OK
>>
>>16952045
To make a conversation you have to ask questions that require an answer.
>>
>>16951939
Lolol you just left it at that without saying anything else for three fucking hours?!? Wtf were you thinking?
>>16951969
You worrying so much about what you're saying is desperate, at least a pickup line would have been something and maybe could have gotten the conversation going. It's over with this girl, you fucked up.
>>
Relax. Cut your losses. It happens.

What separates men who get girls and men who don't has actually nothing to do with getting them on the first try. Most of your attempts will be failures, and that's normal.

You need to practice resilience. If someone isn't interested, it's not a big deal. How shitty would life be if you had to date every single ugly whore who approached you?
>>
>>16951939
>It's been over three hours with no response

Top kek what a wimp. I asked some girl out for coffee 3 months ago and she's yet to respond. 3 hours is nothing, either way accept that girls do and will flake out on you, that or they're busy, or they're flaking.

Either way, have some self respect
>>
>>16952076

On the flip side, how awful would life be if every single girl out there just said yes to every guy that approached her?
>>
>>16952088
That's already a situation we're aware of. Supply and demand holds that obviously girls > guys in the dating market. Nobody ever complains that a club or bar is full of girls.
>>
>>16952111

Yes but guys most often complain that they dont want to date a whore
>>
Did you build any kind of connection at all with this person, or just ask for her number after lame and meaningless conversation?

I'm a guy, and in my experience, you need to build legitimate rapport with a girl before you ask for her number and make such vague comments such as "hey". You build rapport by making them laugh and smile, or connect with you on some level, or help them with an issue or something; not by being a lame autist.
>>
>>16952119
This guy again >>16952111

Okay, you have a good point, but you're also retarded in some way too. It's really not hard to get a girl, man. You're competing with retarded "fuckboys" (which are not actually attractive to any girl who is worth your time anyway) and pussy betas. The point is that it's not hard to stand out when the average is abysmal, especally in a world where most people are total shit at conversation in the real world thanks to technology.

Read some books on body language and social interaction in general, and learn to really think about how you make people "feel" and think hard about every word you use and the impression you are making on others, and getting girls is as simple as "being yourself" as many like to say you should do. Be yourself, but be the "yourself" that you have carefully calculated long before you ever talked to her.
>>
>>16952124
>Read some books on body language and social interaction in general

Not him but what books have you read on this topic that you'd recommend?

Also as far as the being yourself meme goes, most people take it as being your natural slobby self when in essence it just means you should be completely relaxed and not overthink things while talking to someone.
>>
>>16952130

It really doesn't matter, mostly because all of these books communicate the exact same points. What is really important to keep in mind is how some of the things these books teach you about body language can be used to manipulate how people feel about you. For example, taking up more space makes people perceive you as being more dominant, how can you use that to manipulate how people feel around you? Also, pointing your body toward someone generally means that you are paying more attention to them... think about how you can manipulate this to make people feel a certain way if you are aware of this subtlety. Understand?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.