[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sad & Crying Dog - Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: desktop-sad-dog-face-pics.jpg (935 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
desktop-sad-dog-face-pics.jpg
935 KB, 1920x1200
>Roommate left his dog with me for a week
>Tonight is the first night
>She sleeps in his bed every night
>She's not allowed in my bed, normally restricted from my room too
>Trying to sleep
>She's crying and howling

What do I do? She won't stop unless I go comfort her. I tried leaving my door open so she could see me and even come in the room - every time I doze off she starts to jump onto the bed.

I need her to shut up, I have to work. She has food, water, and the backyard. What do I do?
>>
pet the doge
>>
For now, I'd say just sleep in your roommates bed and let her sleep by your side. I'm sure your roommate won't mind. Then call your roommate in the morning and ask him for advice about calming her down.
>>
play with doggie?

have a biscuit
>>
>>16951893
She's got separation anxiety. She doesn't know the new house rules yet. Imagine yourself in this situation.

Let her sleep on your floor. Make up a bed using an old blanket or jacket. Sit on the floor with her. Talk to her in a low reassuring voice. If you scold her she will be even more upset because she doesn't know what to do.

Be calm, lead by example and show her it's OK to sleep on the floor. Teach her with some treats how to sit and drop onto her new bed.

It won't happen in one night. If you need sleep let her share the bed. Even then she'll be restless because she's waiting to go home.
>>
Did you try wearing it out by playing with it a long time? That usually works, depending on the dog.
>>
Put it out of its misery. It shouldn't have to live in such pain.
>>
>>16951900
>>16951905

I would, but I need to sleep eventually. Can't just keep petting her.

>>16951902
His door is locked, and I don't have a key (this is a separate issue I'm not happy with but no solution here).

>>16951919
She's already been walked twice today and I really can't get up and get her hyped up or go out for a walk myself and not get back to sleep. I'm tired.

>>16951911
She seems comfortable when I bring her dog bed up here, until I lay back down... then she starts to wander off, and eventually jumps into my bed.

I really don't want her in my bed. It's expensive, and I'm worried about her claws since it's a waterbed.

Also, I appreciate the advice thus far - I'm not trying to shoot down every idea. If she really won't shut up, I might set up another bed for her out in the backyard for the night and just make her sleep out there, as shitty as it is... but it's nice out, and she never barks.
>>
>>16951959
dogs don't have claws lol
>>
>>16951962

Fine, nails, you get it. She always scrapes to make herself comfortable.
>>
Since you seem desperate and tired, try setting up a makeshift bed on the floor and sleep with her in the dog bed right beside you. Talk soothingly to her while petting her til she settles then fall asleep yourself.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.