[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need someone to talk to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 125x118
I'm so angry and stressed out right now, I hope someone will talk..

I was just at the bar with a few of my friends. We were there for a while drinking, and of course girls and sex becomes a topic of conversation. People are going around our table full of drinks just talking and joking. I'm just kind of sitting there laughing along, but not contributing anything. After a while they turned and looked at me and one of my friends say "man.. You really need to get laid, how long has it been for you?" So I said 5 years. They seemed kind of stunned and went on about "how can you go for SO LONG?? You need to use what you have man! Use it!" And they mentioned how I should be able to pick up a decent girl because I dress nice and am not a bad looking guy. One of my friends then kind of wandered off from the group while the rest talked to me. About 30min later he came back with a cute brunette girl with him. And he tried to introduce me to her and get a conversation going. I told her I didn't want to talk and she went away. He got so pissed and said that "you don't know what you are missing!!! YOU ARE 25, you'll regret this time if you don't get it while you can!! Come on dude!! Man up!" I got pissed and left.

To make matters even worse, I went outside and was texting a close female friend of mine. She asked what I was up to, and I said drinking at the bar with friends, and guess what her response was... She said "oh! I hope you have a lot of fun! Make sure to go find yourself a little hottie ;).... But make sure to be safe!! :P"

Aaaaaahhh I feel so fucking stresssssssed right now. I feel as if im like a bad person because I don't have sex. It's like everyone expects me to do it, and I'm wrong because I don't. Is it really that weird that I haven't had sex in 5 years??? It's been by choice. Why? I don't know. I just don't do it. I'm not asexual, and I'm not religious, or "waiting for the one" bullshit. I just don't.

Am I really this fucking bad??
>>
Why don't you want to have sex?
>>
>>16951275
Do whatever you feel like doing OP.
You dont exist to please other people.
>>
>>16951286

I just don't want to. I guess this kind of goes back 2-3 years ago. But that female friend I mentioned, when we first met. I ended up developing feelings for her. and well, she didn't feel exactly the same way. and because I care about her and she was a good friend. I respected her feelings. She would regularly go out and go on dates. And I guess it turned me into a very bitter person. My feelings for her are mostly gone. Now I just see her as a friend. But I guess it left me scarred. Nothing about sex is appealing to me anyone. She's a beautiful and wonderful person, but even if SHE wanted to have sex with me right now I wouldn't do it.

I'm just done. I have no energy for it. I don't want anyone to touch me, and I don't want my pants to come off. It's been 5 years. And it's been relatively easy to go without sex. You forget after so long.
>>
>>16951296

It's hard to ignore this when sex is something that's plastered everywhere and is a common interest among everyone. It makes me odd to others
>>
>>16951275
I'm trying to understand and respect your position, but you need to be more objective about human society.

Sex is the carrot at the end of the stick that keeps the human horse galloping, if you know what I mean. As my father used to say, 99% of the human population are idiots, lel. Really most people are very primitive underneath the societal mask they've been conditioned to wear. Sex is the ultimate liberation, relaxation and focus on their mind, consciously and unconsciously. Your friends probably can't comprehend your views on the matter and think something is wrong with you, because you do not adhere to the same conception of the value of sexual interaction. Don't blame them for it, but rather be understanding and chill about it. They may change in the future. Maybe not.

What really counts is that you stick your own values and views, provided they make you happy and fulfilled. Sex is a natural act and big portion of human interaction, but it can also be a toxic drug that ruins your perception. If you function properly without it, keep it that way.

Maybe you're like me? I haven't had sex in 8 years, despite quite a few options that occurred. I personally don't see the point, because I'm looking for a dedicated relationship with a partner that I want to live with, not a temporary bed warmer.

tl;dr: Most people are apes who overvalue sex. Do what you think is right, but don't be mad at your horny friends.
>>
>>16951444

Everything is just so frustrating. I'm not a happy person. And my friends know this, so they keep thinking I need to get a girlfriend or get laid. But I don't want either and I don't think either would help
>>
>>16951444
This anon worded it elegantly. I haven't had sex since July and I am cool with being single because people aren't worth the time, the stress, or the risk. That and I have trust issues from my past relationship, but w.e.

My two cents is you shouldn't feel bad for it dude. Sex is overvalued even though it's probably one of the most enjoyable things to do.

My advice is to stick to your guns and keep doing you, eventually you'll find a girl you bone on the daily and you'll laugh about the thread.
>>
Brah chill your over thinking this, take a deep breath or two smoke some weed or have a beer

Maybe your asexual
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality

Sex is great but maybe your not into it cool no big drama
>>
>>16951475

>eventually you'll find a girl to bang on a daily

I hate when people say this. Again, it's like a expectation
>>
>>16951479

I can't smoke weed. And I already said I'm not asexual.
>>
>>16951317
I'm the same way man. Your situation at the bar happens to me every time I go out. It's incredibly annoying

But sometimes, I wonder if I'm just chastising myself for being vulnerable in the past. Maybe I'm just super angry about it, and I take out my frustrations on myself by not having sex. Maybe the reason you and I don't have energy for it is because we spent it all being upset.

Either way it's fucked up
>>
>>16951511

Maybe you're right man. But it does suck
>>
>>16951494
May the issue here is your letting your friends view of sex affect how you feel.

Do you want to give them that power over you?

Or you could just say yup thats there option of sex, I have mine and Im cool with that
>>
>>16951521

I don't know. It's not just my friends, it's everything. Sex is everywhere. And I've been pretty resilient to it over the years. But tonight was like a breaking point for me and I feel so confused and lost now.
>>
>>16951579
Do you want to have sex?
>>
>>16951579
Idk man I'm 25 and I feel like I'm immortal and made of rubber. I could laugh my way through anything.

You seem to know what you want, or don't want. You shouldn't need validation.
>>
I grew up religious and it took me a long time to admit to myself that I wanted to have sex and that that was okay. But I'm still not just going to do it with whoever. Your friends think they're doing you a favor. But us tormented 4chan souls aren't satisfied with that normie bullshit.
>>
>>16951579

If it wasn't as important to you as you keep repeating then it shouldn't bother you should it?

Maybe deep down you do want that connection with someone. Or you could always lie if it causes you so much grief.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.