[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im dating this girl that likes writing, the thing is, I dont
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 429529.jpg (37 KB, 630x460) Image search: [Google]
429529.jpg
37 KB, 630x460
Im dating this girl that likes writing, the thing is, I dont know what the hell answer when she send me her poetry, it honestly feels like a 12 y old wrote it, But I want to support her and make her happy, whats a good answer that doesnt feel fake?
>>
You should lie and tell her it's great, faggot
>>
>>16950865
Find anything you like about it. A word. A line. A feeling.

If you can't, ask questions. Where did you get that idea? What emotion did this come from?

If you post a line or two I'll make up some bullshit you can pass along.
>>
Ask if she wants feedback--hell, be blunt and ask her if she wants to know what you really think.

If you respect her at all, you'll be honest.

If she doesn't want to hear the truth then tell her you don't want to say anything about it.
>>
>>16950865
You should first ask her how she would like you to respond. Some people don't want criticism, they just want to share their shit with people.

if she's open to feedback, then tell her the truth in a constructive way. Ditch the "12 year old wrote it" and focus on specifics:
>This specific passage right here... isn't there more to this image? Could it be spiced up a bit, maybe more detail?
Stuff like that. Encourage her to keep at it and keep improving. You might be surprised; maybe she'll graduate to 14 instead of 12.

And, in general, always find something positive like this guy says:
>>16950915
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.