[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets make it quick. Ive fallen for someone who has been dating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Lets make it quick. Ive fallen for someone who has been dating for 6 months now and her boyfriend has not been paying attention to her at all, he always goes out drinking and she often calls me up at night because she can't talk to her boyfriend.

She doesn't want to dump him though, she has a lot of feelings for him and i have a lot of feeling for her. What does someone do in this situation?
>>
pump and dump
>>
>>16950015
cancer
>>
>>16950008
>What does someone do in this situation?

By all means, continue to enable her emotionally unsatisfying relationship with her boyfriend by being her supportive, reliable conversational companion. You can look forward to years of talking to her while he spends years fucking her.
>>
>>16950069
Well done anon, you described my situation

Its hard to stop being nice to someone you really like, you know? I have been a carpet my entire life
>>
>>16950081
Consider that enabling her isn't being nice to her.

A parent who is paying their kids rent while he uses his income to buy drugs is not being nice to their kid, they are just avoiding conflict. They are nice when they remove their support, forcing their kid to experience the real consequences of drug use and hopefully stop.

If you withdraw your emotional support from your friend, she might be forced to come to terms with her own emotionally unsatisfying relationship. Maybe she'll work things out with him and they'll be happy together. Maybe she'll just cry and get depressed. Maybe she'll leave him for you, but consider that as pretty unlikely. Girls who like bad boys tend to always like them, no matter how illogical it is.
>>
>>16950096
"I don't want to be your emotional support anymore. That's your boyfriend's job. I don't want to be a half-boyfriend to you. You need to work things out with your boyfriend one way or another"
>>
>>16950096
From how I see it though, she is just very confused and doesn't really know what to do with her life. You think I should just straight up tell her what I think about her boyfriend?
>>
>>16950111
sorry, this >>16950105
is what I think you should tell her.
>>
>>16950117
This is some solid advice. Now to build up the courage..
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.