[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm always thinking about the cringy things i did in life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (347 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
image.png
347 KB, 500x463
I'm always thinking about the cringy things i did in life. Not depressed or suicidal, but but it kind of takes a toll on my self confidence. Any of you have been through this?
>>
>>16949957
i do this too, i think it's kind of normal.

on the other hand, it humbles a person. if i see something cringe-worthy happen to someone else, i give them a pass because i've probably done a bunch of regrettable things too.
>>
Every time you think of something cringe, just remember you aren't those autists in those minecon videos
>>
Embarrassment is, regrettably, a natural part of your brain chemistry. I read a paper about this once and it said that since humans evolved in communities of around 20-100 people it provided the evolutionary advantage of reinforcing social cohesion by preventing people from acting too far out of social norms.

Just try to ignore it if you can.
>>
>>16949957

I know this feel. I just try to do so much more cringy stuff that I don't have the time to worry about the past occasions. New regrets overshadow older ones easily.
>>
>>16949957
i know the feel but i dont get it often. most people did cringy shit when they where younger.
>>
I'm going through it right now. I hate myself for liking The Beatles. I hate how I have an infatuation with some.of the most popular music ever created, giving off the impression that I'm vapid and boring. The cultlike mentality of their fans terrify me.
>>
Dude the other day I was going through old photos and there was a photo of me and my friends flipping off the camera with empty beer bottles on our middle fingers, we thought we were the shit

just laugh and learn my friend
>>
This happens to pretty much everyone. Just try to remember that as long as it's a little thing, chances are other people don't remember what you're beating yourself up about.
>>
>>16949957

Learn from the cringe. Not only as a what-not-to-do in the now, but as a what-to-do when you're older and someone's father and can embarrass the hell out of your child.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.