[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal that my best friend is distancing herself from me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Selena-Gomez-See-Through-2.jpg (178 KB, 735x1104) Image search: [Google]
Selena-Gomez-See-Through-2.jpg
178 KB, 735x1104
Is it normal that my best friend is distancing herself from me cuz she got into a relationship a few weeks ago? I'm happy for her but at the same time I feel betrayed in some way. Should I tell her my thoughts? Am I just too sensitive or what? Is it because I'm a guy?
>>
>>16949876
Yes, it's normal. Yes, it's because you're a guy. Her guy is going to want more of her time and she's going to want to give it to him.

I used to have tons of single girl friends. Now that I'm married I've pretty much moved on from all those friendships. It's just something you trade in.

Whining to her about it won't change it. She's moved on, best you do too.
>>
Don't know about normal but I can see how it happens. You've not been betrayed. If you're really her friend you'll give her her space. Otherwise you're going to make her feel like she has to choose between you or her bf, and that's not fair to her.
>>
>>16949906
Sure it's fair, she'll just choose the bf. That's actually already happening/happened.
>>
>>16949876
Have you ever had a friend get a bf/gf before? They drop off the face of the earth for the first month, usually
>>
>>16950077
Jesus Christ, do you not have any other friends or something? People spend more time with their SOs than their friends when they're in a relationship, get over it.
>>
Hell when I was dating someone I even did this to my male friends.

First month-two months is all about the other person. Hormones and new feelings means they fuck 2-4 times a day. Once the puppy love feelings subside you might go back to hanging out. But that will be dictated by how much the new person likes you/you like them.
If you and boyfriend become friends, great job.

If you and boyfriend don't get along so good, don't think you'll be hanging out alone for quite a while.
>>
Totally normal, you shouldn't say anything yet, you are sensitive and it's only partly because you're a guy.

Give her another week or two and invite both her and her significant other to a group activity.
>>
>>16949876
Yup brah totally normal
Move on and another girl to chill with but this time don't get locked in the friend zone yeah?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.