[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voice Acting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
So I was always interested in Anime, and video games. It was a huge part of my childhood and growing up. I recently had a desire to become a voice actor for anime or video games but I have no idea where I can start or how to start it up. I checked all around my state (R.I) and I can't find anything or anyplace to start out at. I know its a long shot but does anyone know or how I can start a career like this?
>>
>>16949772
Bump
>>
>>16949805
Biddy bump bump
>>
Get started in drama/theater. Voice acting is still acting. Maybe get a portfolio going of voice samples? Look into auditions?
>>
>>16950005
I don't wanna do theater I rather voice acting and not have my face seen, I'm not the most attractive guy and I dont have the confidence to stand on stage in front of people. For a portfolio would I just talk into a mic and do voices or should I make and follow a script
>>
>>16950065
>I don't wanna do theater I rather voice acting and not have my face seen, I'm not the most attractive guy and I dont have the confidence to stand on stage in front of people.

You don't need me to tell you that there are many very talented and well-respected actors who are nonethless unattractive. All kinds of ugly motherfuckers have gotten onstage, that's in part where the confidence comes from, confidence that will improve the qualities of your voice acting. It's just a thought.

Do whatever is best going to showcase the quality and range of your voice abilities, whether that's ad-libbing something, reading something well-known, or reading something original. I think. It's not a portfolio I'm familiar with. Google that shit.
>>
First off you'll need to move to LA where everything is recorded.
>>
Use vocaroo to record a sample for us? Could you do requests?
>>
File: G3f3opQ.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
G3f3opQ.gif
2 MB, 643x539
>>16950205
http://vocaroo.com/i/s06PrICqcXz0
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.