[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>23 >shitty $14.30 an hour factory job til school next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
>23
>shitty $14.30 an hour factory job til school next semester
>Trying to get a different job for $15.50 right now i hate it so much
>3rd shift, 11 pm-7 am
>Sunday-thursday
>On mandatory OT for weeks and weeks
>My fucking work week is 11 pm sunday-7 am saturday
>My boss is a fucking asshole
>Tells us that we have mandatory overtime this weekend

I come in wearing a jimi hendrix hoodie every day so it'll probably be pretty obvious that i'm not a religious person, but can I get away with saying that friday is a religious observance for me and that I can't come in? I'm so fucking sick of this shit. I'm not even going to get into why I hate this job but its fucking awful.
>>
>>16949753
Aren't there laws around this?
>>
>>16949766
Not in Wisconsin, a "Right to work" state, thank you scott walker.

They can make me come in on easter too, I haven't asked yet, but I think that we have to
>>
>>16949766
Also, no unions, thank you scott walker.
>>
>>16949778
>They can make me come in on easter too

They're going to send a band of goons to abduct you against your will?

What kind of work is it?
>>
>>16949789
Plastic molding. and when I say that I mean I'm operating 3 machines at once while 2 hairy lesbians and one of their nasty brothers sit around and talk about dead pool as i work my ass off. I've resorted to getting drunk and high before work every day its so fucked up here, this place is gonna shut down and go to mexico within the next few years anyways.
>>
I think im gonna tell my boss that sunday and friday are my religious observance (im not actually religious) and when he tells me i have to work anyways im gonna tell him to get fucked and leave. I have another job lined up and if that doesn't work theres always the temp agency.
>>
>>16949800
>>16949827

Put more effort into finding a job that better fits your shitty attitude or just wait until you supremely fuck up while under the influence and they can your ass.

Otherwise suck it up, toughen up, get what transferrable experience you can and leave on good terms when something better comes along. Scott Walker is a fag, but he's not forcing you to work at a job you hate.

If I was your asshole boss I wouldn't miss you much at all.
>>
>>16949832
Its funny, I used to love this company, I used to think I made good money and never showed up fucked up.

But than the rumors started that I was coming in high every day. I hadn't came in high once. I told my boss. He got all pissy and accused me of being high. So I started coming in high every day.

I've just been a target since than and i'm just mercilessly fucked with by my coworkers and boss, to the point where I'm doing 3 things at once and my boss is telling me that I have no ambition while he does nothing about people sitting around doing nothing. This has lead to some extreme stress in my life which leads me to just getting fucked up on molly and booze during my 40 hours off to the point where I don't even know where I am anymore.

3rd shift has drove me insane, i'm not the same anymore.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.