[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you deal with being lonely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: aster.png (191 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
aster.png
191 KB, 600x540
I feel like I can never get past the initial "hey how are you?" chitchat with people and I don't know how to connect past that, or if i even really want to connect with any of the people I know irl.
How do you meet people you want to be friends with? how do you get past the initial stages of just being acquaintances?

All I can think about is how much I'm going to have to drink tomorrow to get over the anxiety of going to class lol fuck does anyone have any advice or want to talk
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 400x533
You make them share personal info, then ask further questions, also revealing personal stuff about yourself in between. For example, today a coworker was a bit wushy so i asked her what's the matter. She told me thaz her sister was meant to fly to brussel the day the bombing was. I showed empathy and got a lot more out of her. That she's originally from belgia, that she still had family there, that she visits there often, and so on. If i ever go visit brussel i will make sure to ask her for insider tipps (asking for small favors is a good way to bond). This is how you get on a personal level. Some people will click with you, some wont. But don't bother too much over this. There are enough people. Pic related
>>
I feel really similar, I just for some reason can't get interested in people that are around me or connected on fb, everyone just seems so meh to me. Most of the people I enjoy talking to are on steam, and that's only 3-5 people at most.

There's only one person I can think of that I want to get to know better, but they are really busy and a few years older. They message occasionally and when we talk irl we enjoy each others jokes. I'm just terrible at holding a decent conversation.

Anyways, I hope you figure it out anon, I have no clue as how to help you or myself. I guess what seems to work for me is finding common interests to talk about, "what kind of music are you into?" etc.

GL
>>
>>16948538
yeah I generally ask about music and stuff and try to ask about them/get a feel for if there's something we're both into but I think I might just be really boring or something? I feel like I have no personality and I also feel really creepy and dorky asking people so much about themselves and then having nothing to say about me

thanks tho
>>
try bringing up something you found funny, or if online, you could try sending them a gif/article you think is amusing. Humor is usually a good way to bond in my experience.
>>
>>16948635
I can do that kind of thing, make jokes and comments, but I don't really know how to get beyond that
>>
b
>>
Same boat. In all the courses I take, I have no one to talk to, and no idea how to start conversations without being labelled as weird or creepy.
>>
>>16949963
Do you think it's an actual problem of you coming across as creepy? Or just anxiety that people could think you're coming off that way. I try to rationalise in my head that just asking about someone's weekend isn't ACTUALLY weird but I just feel so big and off-putting.
>>
>>16948504
Ask people personal (not too personal), laugh at their jokes, be friendly, smile, be approachable
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.