[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fell asleep at my night time security job I was planning to quit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 259x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 259x275
Fell asleep at my night time security job I was planning to quit next week

Well first time I napped for 45 minutes so I figure I might as well quit now so they dont bother me

How many weeks notice SHOULD I give?
>>
>>16948226
What ever notice you planned to give next week, plus an extra week
>>
>>16948226
Why quit shit happens?

Next time don't nap?

Honestly I do grave and its hell if I don't catch a nap sometimes.

15 min goes a long way.
>>
>>16948280

I was gonna quit next week either way

They'll likely give me a warning but I'd rather not deal with that so I'll just say three weeks notice since I was gonna go with two weeks originally
>>
>>16948226
If you have a contract it'll probably be specified in there. As a rule of thumb though, you should generally give notice equal to or greater than your pay frequency - a week if you get paid every friday, a month if you get paid monthly etc.

That said, I don't think you should quit. We employ a lot of people to do menial tasks, and I just accept that from time to time they fuck things up - groups of people who are super competent, 100% on the ball and never make mistakes and groups of people who will willingly give you 40 hours of their life each week for £10 an hour are mutually exclusive. Chances are that no one even knows you screwed up - we have cameras on the factory floor so I can see what everyone is doing, but I don't sit and watch them eight hours a day because I have my own job to do - and even if they do, the fact that no one has said anything probably means they're not fussed about it.

Also don't leave your job without lining another one up. If you come to me and say "I want to leave company x and work for you" I know you must be at least halfway competent, otherwise company x would have fired you. If you come to me unemployed, I assume you're an imbecile who can't hold down a steady job and I won't waste my time giving you an interview only to have to replace you three weeks later.
>>
>>16948280

Oh and here we have detex wands we have to beep every 30 minutes along with a phone call so they would know i was sleeping

Last guy got fired for it
>>
>>16948304

Well I'm actually quitting to go take a licensure exam for my major in college and I can't study properly with this graveyard shift fucking my shit up 5 times a week not included the daily 3 hour commute. I only took the job to save up cash for multiple attempts at the exam. I figured if I left on good terms I can use them as a reference?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.