[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worried and scared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 125x124
Hey guys. Listen, I was wondering, do employers pull up your minor record from when you were a kid if they are hiring? I didn't do anything horrible when I was younger, I just am worried that what I did will affect me, since my mom says that I won't be eligible in this county for a job because of some stupid shit I did as a kid. Nothing drug related or gang related.
>MFW my mom thinks she knows more about the internet then I do, and constantly tells me that my few Facebook posts about benign shit is going to keep me from ever getting a job.
>>
Were you convicted of a crime? What was it?
>>
>>16947796
Did you DDoS something and got caught?
>>
>>16947801
Was not convicted for a crime. I have never done jail time. Never. I got fired from a job when I was 15 because, well, I was involved with a group of "friends" who liked furries. I had logged into my MySpace page at work, and was fired because I had also talked to some girls about what furries were. Now I was a kid. 15. This happened 7 years ago. But my mom thinks I'm screwed out of ever getting a job because of this.
>>
>>16947796
-___ -
>>
>>16947813
What's that for?
>>
>>16947818
for
>>16947812

Plus, the question being very, very idiotic. You can delete most of your online track records, and most employers wouldn't give a fuck go to search in the archives.

Also, if it's a big and notable corporation, chances are, they already have a psychological profile and most personal data about you, since they usually have access to that via 3rd party information sellers.
>>
>>16947812

Very unlikely that would end up on any kind of record. I just wouldn't include that job on your resume, maybe. The only way anyone would even find out is if they called your old employer

However if you're looking for jobs now, you should delete your old MySpace page, be aware of what you've got posted on your Facebook and any other public profiles. They will almost certainly check your social media, Google your name, etc.
>>
>>16947826
My mother is a fear monger who takes shit way out of proportion. I just want to work at a school, I want to be a teacher, but because my mom says they have what I did on file, I'm screwed. That I will never have a job in my county because of one stupid fucking thing I did when I was a minor.
>>
>>16947812
Fuck me..... the things people worry over.

This is the dumbest shit I've read this year. This won't affect empoyment prospects unless

- you wear furries stuff to work
- your fb makes you look like a pathertic furry loser who is a special snow flake of some sort.
>>
>>16947829
The MySpace page got deleted long ago. My mom just scares me with saying shit like "you'll be ruined! You will never have a job! It will bite you in the ass for the rest of your life!"
>>
>>16947832
None of that is on my face book. I don't even wear shit like that. Blame my mom for making me worried all the fucking time. She makes me think people are always out to get me, out to ruin my life and make it as miserable as possible. She even told me I would have been shot by a guy who I know who ran a liquor store down the street from me because I showed him a closed pocket knife. IM SCARED AND MY MOTHER FUCKING MAKES IT THAT WAY.
>>
>>16947837

what job was it? Is it related in any way to any job you'll be seeking in the future?

even in the worst-case scenario it's unlikely that anyone would fire you over this, more likely that they'd make jokes about you or something
>>
>>16947850
I worked at a place called First Five or something. It was like a daycare/free education for kids. I want to be a teacher, but again, this happened 7 years ago
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.