[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain why someone would say they love you and care,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: tfwsheleftyou.jpg (4 KB, 123x122) Image search: [Google]
tfwsheleftyou.jpg
4 KB, 123x122
Can anyone explain why someone would say they love you and care, yet continually push themselves away and try to make a gap that you want to close wider? I'm at my wits end here.
>>
>>16947765
I don't know why anyone would lie to another person. It's simply unfathomable. What kind of person says something they don't mean to get something that they want?
>>
What do you mean by "push themselves away?" Because some people are just naturally introverted and just need a little time alone to recharge sometimes. Like sometimes I just need a day where I don't talk to anyone. It doesn't mean I'm mad or I suddenly stopped liking everyone for a day, I just start to feel burnt out and frazzled being constantly around people too long
>>
>>16947765

By saying 'they love you and care' they think they are doing you a favour by protecting your feelings from being ravaged by the truth. Which is.... they care enough to hide they don't love you.
>>
I don't know man. I wish I knew. My best friend has been basically ignoring me for the better part of 2 months. A few months back she cared enough to take me to and pay for a trip to a mental health institute because I was fucked up in the head. Now she barley responds to texts & wont answer the phone. I don't know why people do that shit it hurts so much.
>>
>>16947777
Nice quads
>>
>>16947765
They are allowed to care about you and also care about themselves. They are allowed to have their own reasons.
>>
>>16947783
Why the fuck only tell half the story at the beginning. Here is the most important part....

>A few months back she cared enough to take me to and pay for a trip to a mental health institute because I was fucked up in the head. Now she barley responds to texts & wont answer the phone

She doesn't want to be part of your fucked up condition or fucked up life. What she did before was compassionate and probably the right thing to do...

>probably the right thing to do...

Morally the right thing to do. It's not because she cares for you in any special way. She cared enough to take you to the doctor just like she would take an injured animal to the vet. But once at the vet she doesn't want anymore to do with it - her moral obligation is finished.

She isn't your best friend and you're not hers. She probably has a boyfriend or something else that is occupying her time and hence you aren't all that important.
>>
>>16947765
Because they don't actually understand what they are feeling or they just want something from you and are patronizing you to achieve that end result.

Then again, you aren't really giving us very many details on the situation so that we can give you practical advice on what to do, unless you are just asking a rhetorical questions for the purpose of thoughtful discussion that accomplishes next to nothing in terms of actually getting what it is that you really want but are not implicitly stating for some reason.
>>
Abandonment issues, duh
>>
>>16947823

You like to kick people when they're down, don't you? Did that make your shitty day a little better?
>>
>>16947823
She doesn't have a boyfriend. Her last one was one of my close friends and it kind of fucked her up when they broke up. She's like one of two friends I've ever had who've looked me in the eyes and told me they loved me. She's like a sister to me.
Her life's more fucked up then mine. I've taken her to the actual hospital multiple times after she fucked herself up when shit went bad. We've both been through a lot of shit and can relate to each other on stuff, but shes been so fucked in her own head she's pushing people away lately.
>>
File: aly0.jpg (141 KB, 960x1600) Image search: [Google]
aly0.jpg
141 KB, 960x1600
>>16947835
Op here, this is in regards to my ex girlfriend. We had a nasty break up but ever since then she has hit me with I don't knows and I miss you. Recently I was told from her that this is like a river; she is on her side healing and I'm on my side. I must build a boat (fix myself) to come over to her side. every other day she changes her mind on whether she believes I can build that boat or not, or if there is hope. She always hits me with an I don't know.
>>
>>16947989
pic related: it's her
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.