[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you guys recommend going to a community college for two years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: BBCC-ATEC-Building-100109.jpg (3 MB, 3604x2400) Image search: [Google]
BBCC-ATEC-Building-100109.jpg
3 MB, 3604x2400
do you guys recommend going to a community college for two years and then transferring to a state school?

what has your experience with community college been like and would you recommend it?
>>
Boring as fuck, lame as fuck, cheap as fuck. If you went to college for "the experience" go to state school. If you wanna graduate without being shackled to $600k in debt go to CC
>>
What state are you in?

Here is a good medium for you. Go to CC for 1 year and get the basics out of the way...Freshman comp, History 101, Math through statistics, etc

Then transfer to state school.

Bonus pro-tip: If you want in state tuition at a school in a different state, go to cc in that state for a year while working at a job that would help you establish residency.
>>
Saves money
I got through CC in a year and a half
>>
My parents were super cool and treated me like an adult. My first year at CC was like grade 13, plus more parties. I went two years at CC and three at state uni. I feel like I missed out on the dorm experience, for whatever that is worth. When it comes to real life though, I make good money and have a future ahead of me. I have very little debt too.
>>
>>16947364
CC (community college) is the way to go if you want to save money and get good grades. The classes are dumbed down for the masses of bewildered children who can't think for themselves. By posting this question you show yourself to be far and above them. Go there and be King/Queen. Here's my story..

>30ish with no future
>decide to go to CC to challenge life long belief that I was an idiot
>Financial aid is paying for everything because I didn't have a job
>getting straight A's by listening, asking questions, and acting like every class means something to me
>notice majority of other kids don't try because they are too focused on life outside of school

I've loved my experience so far because I enjoy learning and challenging myself. Best choice I've made in years.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.