[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
a question for anyone on /adv/ who smokes weed on a regular basis:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 141393-142333.jpg (210 KB, 1329x1316) Image search: [Google]
141393-142333.jpg
210 KB, 1329x1316
a question for anyone on /adv/ who smokes weed on a regular basis:

how often do you smoke? being totally honest. every day? multiple times a day?
how do you feel about being high in front of, say, family, or a girlfriend/boyfriend?
do you let your senpai know when you get high or how often you get high?

currently taking a break from weed, I've been getting high every day, multiple times a day, for a while, but was sorta not letting on too much to my girlfriend/family that I was high all the time cause I guess I was embarrassed. I didn't feel like the weed was interfering with my ability to be a person or anything, but after feeling a bit guilty and coming clean to my girlfriend, she suggested I take a break.

TL;DR: how much do you guys think is too much?
>>
File: state-flag-colorado.jpg (89 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
state-flag-colorado.jpg
89 KB, 600x399
>>16947314
Denver reporting in!~
>how often do you smoke?
I am currently on week 3 of no smoke, no thc of any kind. My maximum level before this was:
>Bowl before work
>200-300mg of edibles at work during lunch
>1-3 dabs after work
>Bowl before bed
That was my maximum status.
>how do you feel about being high in front of, say, family, or a girlfriend/boyfriend?
How do I feel? I feel like I'm going to do whatever the fuck I want and they're welcome to not spend time with me if they can't be OK with my choices.

Barring that /internettoughguyshit though, my ex smoked weed daily, so it was something we did together. At work? I had to keep it on the down low because I could have been extremely fired. I only let my closest, trusted friend at work truly know how high I was.
>do you let your senpai know when you get high or how often you get high?
I try to spend time with people who *accept* me. NOT *enable*, but *accept*. Huge difference. I like people who can let other people make their choices and still be courteous or non-judgemental. Life is too short to put up with the herpa derpa crowd.
>I was embarrassed
It's your life, your choice, your consequences. As long as you aren't trying to put your consequences on others or infringe on their rights... I don't think that being embarrassed is mentally or emotionally healthy. It's YOUR life sir. YOUR choices. YOUR consequences. THEY don't really have shit to do with it.
>she suggested
And what are motivations for doing so? Are you hurting her in some way... or is she just being controlling because she's uncomfortable with it?
>>
>>16947334
>>16947314
>TL;DR: how much do you guys think is too much?
Well... after being high every day (see maximum status) for exactly 1.5 years, my take on weed is this:
>weed is a drug
>you must make the drug fit your life, not make your life fit the drug.
Weed has severe emotional and physical effects on me. It got to a point where I couldn't eat unless I was high. I couldn't sleep. Emo mood swings all the time. Sweating. Lots and lots of sweating.

To me, that meant it was time to tone it down. I started experimenting, and I found I couldn't yet control myself to a point to make it healthy for my life. I would take a week break... followed by a week of maximum status. At this point, I'm going for a month break to detox.. and i won't lie, it's been rough. Insomnia, lost weight, sweating, pain, etc. I'm sleeping and eating OK now, but my god the nightmares. Nightmares every night. People dying, getting ripped apart, getting raped, just really fucked up stuff.

It's getting better every week. When I've hit a month, I'm going to ease myself back in and see if I can't find a nice balance between smoking (which I love) and being healthy (which I also love).

Weed is a drug. Master it, or it will master you.
>>
Used to smoke, bought a couple vaporizers and now I use that.

>often?
Every day I don't work, so 2-3 days a week. multiple times, i vape the old stuff I left in the chamber at high heat once before I exercise, using it all up. then i use my portable vape after i'm done on the treadmill/weights in my garage gym.

>family gf/bf
I don't like it in front of my mom. She's more tolerant now that I vape instead of smoke now, and dad doesn't care. We split a fat sack of regs, and he's got a vape now too he uses before watching tv/bed.

>let senpai know
I have no idea what you're talking about.

As for you, I feel bad you're feeling guilty about it. But then again, you're not a total loser and actually have a GF. All the girl's I've been with have been pro-pot so I have no idea what it'd be like without it. I used to not care about smoking on days I work but I don't like appearing like a degenerate.

I actually kind of get off on keeping it secret from everyone.
>>
>>16947359

>senpai

yeah I meant to type family but if you type "f a m" there's a filter. My bad, I'm not an /adv/ reg
>>
>>16947314
I smoke once or twice a week.

I'm comfortable smoking around family and/or girlfriends as long as they're comfortable with it.

I think that smoking more than four times a week is too much. However, it's completely situational and I wouldn't judge someone for doing so unless it clearly affects them negatively in some way.

When I was younger I wanted to smoke weed anytime, anywhere. Now it's a very situational thing for me. If I smoke without considering if I actually want to be high it will often be a negative experience.
>>
I used to smoke every day and all day. Did that for about 13 years. I worked a full time job the entire time and would get high at work. Perk of contract construction work. You work alone. I was stoned at every family get together. Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.

It never really got in the way of anything. My family knew I smoked but they knew I worked my ass off so they kinda looked the other way. Just thought it was a waste of money though. All my girlfriends smoked.

I haven't smoked in 2 years. I'm 30 now, a couple years ago I did realize I was spending a lot of money and I was narrowing my options in terms of potential girlfriends/friends and future job prospects. I didn't wanna work outside or do manual labor anymore. My life has gotten drastically better since quitting. I do have friends that still smoke daily and actually have better jobs than me and they rag on me for quitting smoking and that line of work but frankly I'm content with where I'm at.

What's too much? When it starts to cause any problems in your life. Emotionally, financially, legally, mentally, etc.
>>
>>16947314
>how often do you smoke?
Daily after work, when i don't have to do anything else. There are a few occasions, i smoke before doing something but that would be to much info.

>how do you feel about being high in front of, say, family, or a girlfriend/boyfriend?
I'm pretty relaxed and it doesn't bother me that much. Typical stoner don't look in the eyes, but i do, so if you talk to me when I'm high, you notice it only by listening. Many many told me, i don't look high at all.

Yes.
>>
>>16947314
>how often do you smoke?
I used to smoke everyday, all day. From the moment I would wake up, to just before bed.
These days I only smoke maybe 3 nights per month.

Never used to care. For a few years every single photo of me (family or otherwise) was me obviously stoned as fuck. Bloodshot Chinese eyes in every single photo.
Now I don't get stoned around family. I'll get stoned with my girlfriend but that's rare because she turns into one of those annoying/laughing people when shes high.

My family ? Was pretty hard for them not to know. I used to live with them when I smoked all day.
A few months after I stopped my mom said she couldn't smell it anymore and asked if I had stopped.

>how much do you guys think is too much?
I think if you're not actively accomplishing things in life (study, work, etc) then you're smoking too much.
Police can now test for weed on drivers and I've heard of drivers testing positive the next day after smoking. Not something you'd want on your record which is a huge motivator for me to rarely smoke.
>>
smoke weed every day.
>>
>>16947314
Like anywhere from 4 to 8 blunts a day and I do it for my stomach pain and depression so I don't think much of it I just do shit normal

Makes me lazy but my stomach pain cripples me anyway
>>
>>16947314
>how often do you smoke?
One hit a week.
Uncomfortable. I prefer to be alone when I smoke.
>how much do you guys think is too much?
Depends on how you handle it to be honest. If you've fucked your tolerance or NEED to be high to function then yeah that's too much.
>>
I like smoking weed, but I don't like being high around people. I smoke more when I'm just going to zone out watching/playing things.

Senpai thought I was mad once by text, since I wasn't really talkative and just sort of responded rather than making conversation. I was just high.
If I'm out somewhere, I'm more paranoid. But that's probably from me already being an introvert.

Smoking around/with other people just doesn't work well for me. I like being more engaged if I have to be social. Weed makes it harder.
Anyone else more like that I wonder?
>>
File: hey arnold.png (315 KB, 500x551) Image search: [Google]
hey arnold.png
315 KB, 500x551
I used to be that smoke weed all day every day kinda guy, but i got tired of literally doing nothing and hanging out with people i hardly consider friends just to get high. Now i smoke much less, mostly at night and life has overall been a lot better although im home alone alot more. Idc about being high in front of family.
>>
Every evening by myself, or if the weather is nice i'll grab a beer with a friend, sit by the river, smoke a joint with him and just talk and drink beer.
I smoked with my ex from time to time, would mostly just watch movies, eat unhealthy food and laugh like hyenas at stupid shit. Fun times
>>
File: BATTLESTATION2.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
BATTLESTATION2.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>16947314
>how often
Blunt before work, and then I smoke another 2-4 blunts when I get home 8 hours later until it's time for bed.
>infront of people
My girlfriend smokes with me majority of the time, majority of my friends smoke, and my family as well. If you know me, and hang out with me, you'd know I smoke, but I keep to myself, and am not loud about it outside of that.

As long as your life is in check, smoke as much as you'd like.

Make it to work on time, pay your bills, and stay out of a trouble and however much weed you smoke is just fine as long as you can afford it.

I'd say I smoke around an ounce a week.
>>
OP here

thanks all you guys. this thread helped me a lot, and I got a lot of perspective.

I'm a college kid rn and I think me smoking too much has gotten in the way a little. I haven't been as productive as I can be. it's just hard to admit that to yourself when everyone around you seems to smoke all day every day anyway. I love weed, so I don't think I'll ever give it up, but I think I might limit myself to weekends, or at least nights.

anyway, thanks /adv/.
>>
>>16948807
Definitely do weekends or right before bed. Do your work first. Man I used to buy an 8 of coke and write a 40 page philosophy paper over a three day binge and get an A. Don't know how I managed all that shit in college, but I'm glad I stopped most everything after graduating. Except cigs. Fucking cigs. Don't develop the habit if you haven't already.
>>
>>16948820
I could not justify 6 bucks a pack a day for the rest of my life for such a little buzz
>>
Know how weed effects you. It's not about your productivity or whatever, that's just you wanting to do it more. The real worry with weed that won't get public credence because lol 420 blaze it faggot is anxiety.

Before you call me a christian jim, I found weed late in life as a senior at like 16/17. 17 I think. I smoked pretty much every day for 3 and a half years straight. It's great for a while it really is. I fell in love with weed lol. But I started getting hardcore panic whenever I smoke too much. These days I'm careful to hit a tiny bowl if I'm not in the right mood.

This could be anyone's reaction or it could be the case that I sort of "burned my brain out" on weed's effects. So be careful you dont want to feel like you're about to have cardiac arrest at 20 from sheer anxiety. Weed provides a lovely kind of perspective and wisdom you'd never think you'd gain from a substance meant to cause goofs and gaffs, but you need be aware of yourself.
>>
>>16948825
Yep. I'm down to 2 to 5 cigs a day. Better than 2 packs a day like I used to be. Starting to run/swim again to kill the need for the few I have.
>>
I smoke mostly all day everyday, senpai and my friends know it and accept it, I'm also thinking on taking a break from it or at least make brownies out of it, (never had any, curious about how it feels though) for me specially the munchies are too much and I end up spending shit tons of money on pizzas and stuff.
>>
File: 1458589446009.jpg (62 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458589446009.jpg
62 KB, 640x640
>>16947314
>how often do you smoke?
Hard to say, because I don't do it on a regular basis. Maybe once a week? Sometimes multiple times a week, sometimes not for weeks at a time. I treat it like alcohol, often as an alternative to alcohol. Something to take to enhance social experiences.

I try to avoid being high in front of family. They don't know I smoke, afaik, and I would like to keep it that way

See above

I have similar concerns about weed, OP. I really enjoy smoking, but I'm conscious about preventing it from becoming a habit. I don't feel addicted to it, but sometimes the temptation is strong when I have it around and it seems like I have nothing better to do (when in reality I should be doing work).

I'm a student at a top-tier college, and a premed. Sometimes I worry that smoking is just something someone in my position shouldn't do. I'm also worried that it will affect my cognitive function (can any anons comment on this?). But I figure if I treat smoking like how others treat drinking (I'm not a big fan of alcohol anyways), it should be fine.
>>
Moderation is key. Smoke every Saturday night as a reward for a productive week.
>>
>>16947334
>>200-300mg of edibles at work during lunch
wtf how did you handle that?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.