[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the correct way to discuss this kind of material?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1448295414112.gif (2 MB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
1448295414112.gif
2 MB, 300x222
Say I wanted to create a class presentation on animation and how its changed, I get that using copyrighted images probably isn't allowed for an slideshow, but can I mention the names of cartoons in the speech. Like, can I talk about 'the little mermaid' or what?
>>
>>16947149

>I get that using copyrighted images probably isn't allowed for an slideshow

Dude if it's a class presentation I think it's completely fine, unless your teacher has specifically stated otherwise. Be sure to cite/credit your sources properly, but as long as you do that, you're free to use/mention as much copyrighted material as you want for a school exercise.

Copyright infringement really only becomes a big deal if you're making money, and you didn't ask permission. So if you were a major filmmaker, your movie was making millions, and you used clips from The Little Mermaid, you might get sued.

You could post your class presentation on YouTube for the public to see, FULL of copyrighted material, and the worst-case scenario is that you'll get a letter asking you to take it down.
>>
>>16947149
you can totally use portions of a copyrighted work for that
>>
>>16947149
Copyright
Unless you're doing it for profit or targeting a large amount of people, like thousands, nothing to worry about. Copyright isn't the big bad boogeyman hanging over everyone.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.