[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being jealous of my hot best friend? I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 7.6.jpg (25 KB, 600x309) Image search: [Google]
7.6.jpg
25 KB, 600x309
How do I stop being jealous of my hot best friend? I feel like an idiot and a bitch. She is like a 10/10 and is also super confident and comfortable in her own skin, she loves everything about herself and lets the world know it. I could never be that way.

Yesterday we were trying on clothes and she looks in the mirror and goes: "Wow, I look soooo hot in this." And I'm thinking 'As if the rest of the world doesn't give you enough compliments, now you have to give them to yourself?' These little moments happen all the time and I feel really guilty for thinking them because even though she has a bit of an ego when it comes to our friendship she's really giving and selfless. Basically my question is how do I stop being a petty bitch?
>>
>>16946162

Good on you for asking that question about yourself.

You just have to realize that your satisfaction in life should have nothing to do with a comparison with other people, (unless it's in circumstances where you are trying to determine what's reasonably achievable so not in this case).

The mature thing to do is to be happy for your friend's good fortune that she's a 10/10. You can start to accomplish this by acting that way and your brain will follow suit, i.e. sincerely compliment her on how beautiful she is.

Works the same on your friend's promotion, awesome car, etc.
>>
just take solace in the fact it wont last

every hot girl ends up turning 28 and getting hit by the wall like a truck

it will destroy her
>>
>>16946189
Ignore what this small-minded person has to say. Don't take comfort in someone else's misfortune, that's a dick move. Learn to be happy for the things that make your friends happy, because it costs you absolutely nothing and it makes you an excellent friend.
>>
>>16946178
>>16946200
It's tough because I am happy for her, I really love her, that's what makes the moments of bitterness extra hard, haha.
>>
>>16947157

I'm just guessing, but honestly, you are probably very pretty as well.
>>
>>16946162

For what it's worth, I would choose someone with the mindset it *appears* you seem to have over a 10/10 anyday.

I have turned down what my friends considered to be an 8/9/10 for someone who they considered a "solid 6" (their ratings, not mine) because she had a rock-solid personality and was super down to earth.

looks aren't everything. Narcissism and materialism are huge turnoffs.
>>
>>16946162

I think it might be different in female friendships. But really, the "release valve" is to feel comfortable enough to call her out when she IS being vain, so you don't have all this weird resentment hanging around when it isn't appropriate.

Like, it's not her fault she's hot, you obviously shouldn't fault her for that, and you seem aware of that. But yeah if she's literally staring at herself in the mirror saying "wow I look so hot," you're entitled to make fun of her a bit. Don't get nasty with it, just a little joke. Call her out.

This is what good friends are for, sometimes, I think. My friends are always the ones to let me know if I'm fucking up or pushing something too far. You need people to keep you in line sometimes. So don't just bite your tongue if she is getting a little too into herself. But don't blow it out of proportion either
>>
>>16947228
>you're entitled to make fun of her a bit. Don't get nasty with it, just a little joke. Call her out.
I do this sometimes but it's mostly to egg her on and give her more material to work with. I know by now that if I point out her vanity she'll just come back with 'can you blame me?' or something along those lines, she's pretty unflappable haha.

Anyways thanks everyone, I'm probably about a 5 at the end of the day. I kind of end up friendzoned by guys. This is another thing I get jealous over, she never has any trouble finding men. All of my relationship problems circle around not enough love and I've noticed all of hers circle around too much of it. In fact, she's "taking a break" from relationships right now. Wish I had that luxury! :p
>>
ive heard from one of my girl friends who openly says that they're jealous of her friend's looks that its not all green on the other side. comes with a lot of unwanted attention from guys and sometimes shes left wondering whether a guy likes her for her or just her looks. not sure if that helps, but other than that looks arent everything and its just one of those things that becomes normal and used to for most people no matter how hot or ugly they are
>>
I feel the same way, except as a guy, OP.

No homo, but my best friend is hot. He's like at least an 8/10, and I'm like a 5/10. He's shy as fuck though, but like that matters. Whenever we hang out together, the girls flock to him, and I'm an afterthought. Sucks, but it is what it is. I just can't flirt with girls or try and pick them up when he's around.
>>
There is no reason to be jealous if you're putting in the effort to improve yourself. I feel like people who dislike others out of jealousy need to put that energy toward becoming the person they want to be instead.
>>
Well, if she took a million dicks then a man can't truly love her. You're a pure virgin so that won't be a problem.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.