[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
advice on long hairstyles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 415x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 415x233
getting a haircut thursday and i need ideas.
i haven't gotten one in a while so my hair's down to almost my belly button, straight, pretty boring.

- gotta cut off split ends
- hair gets wavier as it gets shorter
- refuse to get anything shorter than shoulder length, ideally would keep my hair as long as possible
- done bangs before, lots of work, lots of loud blowdryers that wake up roommates

will post a pic so that it's easier to give me advice, just didn't want to have it for the thread pic
>>
File: 1.jpg (126 KB, 392x582) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
126 KB, 392x582
here's a pic, not great but today i just want hair advice
>>
Get it cut to mid-back, have the hair dresser shape it a little to add volume, but other than that, don't do anything. Try parting it to the side if you want a change
>>
>>16946129
i may have to get it cut a little shorter than mid-back (depends on how far the split ends go). what does shaping entail? i don't know diddly ding about haircut terms. i do know that i was thinking about asking for layers, mostly around my face
>>
>>16946139
I doubt you have split ends THAT bad. Shaping just involves them cutting it in a way that gives the hair more shape rather than just straight down. It might be a couple of layers, and a little shorter around your face, for example.
>>
>>16946148
okay cool, that sounds good. do you have any advice for frizzy af hair?
>>
>>16946112
My god, you're beautiful.
>>
>>16946160
I honestly don't know much about hair, I just shampoo it every two days and get the hairdresser to do what they think would be best every now and then. This is probably something that you should talk to your hairdresser about, it's their job to know these things. I wouldn't recommend buying any products they tell you too though, they're generally overpriced and you can get stuff that does the same thing at the drug store or supermarket for cheaper
>>
>>16946105
Nipple length. Always nipple length.

>>16946160
Oil it before you finish drying it.
>>
>>16946169
oh jesus fuck i couldn't shampoo every two days--my hair would get super greasy. i know my hairdresser pretty well and i think i'd trust her judgement enough to let her do what she thinks would be best (as long as she doesn't cut it too short)

>>16946170
yeah man, i may just get the bare minimum snipped off to fix the split ends so i can still cover the nips with my hair. what do you mean by oiling it? the word oil makes me nervous because my hair gets greasy easily. it's super fine hair, like the opposite of thick not the synonym for hot
>>
>>16946167
y-you too
>>
>>16946184
If you trust your hairdresser, that's great. I think what Truckerfag means is to try a hair oil/serum. There are formulas that are meant to be left in and don't leave your hair greasy. My hair is a similar texture to yours and I use pic related sometimes when mine won't cooperate or I just need to smooth it down. I had a lot of breakage last year so I've got hairs at all different lengths atm, and this smooths it down pretty nicely
>>
>>16946197
so would it still be fine for my hair if i used it like every day? the frizz is so real
>>
>>16946112
You're too gorgeous to be using 4chan
>>
>>16946207
I only use about half a pump on the ends of my shoulder length hair, I don't think you'd have much of an issue with it. I don't go near the scalp with it much though. Since you're washing it out every day, it's not like it's going to build up much either. It's not that expensive so its not like you'd be out of pocket much if it doesn't work for you.
>>
>>16946215
man why i gotta be ugly to use 4chan?

>>16946217
my frizz is mostly close to my scalp, not right at their but i got a frizzy halo on my head at all times
>>
>>16946226
Then try using a small amount near the scalp. It's not a straight up oil so it won't glue your hair flat to your head or anything.
>>
>>16946242
okay, i'll definitely have to check it out then
>>
>>16946217
I use about 5 pumps on my 8" beard, but it's more for shine and body in my case than frizz control, which it's also great at. Usually can't even detect it after about 6 hours by touch.

>>16946184
I also have super fine scalp hair. The oil I'm referring to is sometimes called serum. It's often coconut or sunflower oil based, and has a shit ton of minerals and vitamins in it. When you work it in before you dry your hair it doesn't have the greasy effect you'd imagine it would. Blow drying pretty much causes it to soak into your hair. The added weight per strand will help make it more manageable.

Are you conditioning your hair?

Also, >>16946167 is right. Fugg, lady.
>>
>>16946249
>added weight per strand
aww this makes me a little sad because more weight = less waves, but i'd rather have healthy looking hair than frizzy hair. do you have to use a blowdryer with it?

i do condition my hair sometimes, not as often as i should though. fuck, there was this super cheap weird conditioner that fixed my hair like no other. grandma got it from some shady Dirt Cheap store and i haven't been able to find it since. it'll always be the one that got away
>>
>>16946260
Heavy doesn't necessarily mean straight. As it helps your hair build strength it might start waving up on its own. I have a very straight beard, but after 3 months of oiling I've gone from less than one curve per inch up to about four curves per inch simply because my hair is strong enough to hold its shape.

Blow dryer is optional. I usually only use it if I'm also using pomade to get some hold/correct crimps from sleeping on it wrong.
>>
>>16946277
okay good, i'd really rather not use a blowdryer just because it's loud and i typically shower at night. i also don't condition as often as i should because it makes my hair less wavy from the weight

thanks for the help dude, i'll have some stuff to talk about with my hairdresser. not buying anything from her store though, i love her but fuck those prices
>>
BUDDY cut your hair if you want a TRUE CHANGE, i had the same issue as you and my hair was down to my hips and i was so bored but i cut it shoulder lenght and the wavy stuff looks fantastic and it´s not fuzzy or greasy anymore
>>
Hairdresser here. Get long layers and face framing. That's a good introduction to layers. Change your part if you like. If you're going for a side part, line it up over the iris of either eye. If you have frizzy hair, don't use shampoos/conditioners that say "humectant" our moisturizing. Look for "smoothing" instead. Pro tip on buying shampoo and conditioner: but a shampoo for what your hair is and a conditioner for what you want. You only need to wash your hair every two days at the earliest. Your cuticle needs 48 hours to return to normal. More than that and you're abrading it too much. Shampoo the root and scalp only. Condition the midlengths and ends only. And I'm done! If you have questions, I'll be around.
>>
>>16946446
PS sorry about typos. In between clients atm.
>>
>>16946160
Conditioner, except for the top of your head, maybe. If you overdo it, your hair will get oily and stuff.
>>
>>16946446
Isn't OP beautiful?
>>
>>16946468
Yeah she looks great but now that everyone is talking about it could do something. I'm just glad she wants it long, long hair looks good on a slim frame.
>>
>>16946546
Damn straight. Slender girls with short hair under age 30 are a goddamn tragedy.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1437850367497.jpg (7 KB, 246x184) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1437850367497.jpg
7 KB, 246x184
>>16946167
>>16946249
>>16946468

*dibs bedora* :D :D :D
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.