[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My breath stinks. I've been brushing my teeth and tongue,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: BXycKwY.jpg (238 KB, 860x1152) Image search: [Google]
BXycKwY.jpg
238 KB, 860x1152
My breath stinks. I've been brushing my teeth and tongue, and I've used some Colgate mouthwash titled 'for bad breath'. It always starts stinking after about 3 hours, and I also haven't eaten any food since then. What do I do to make my breath better, anything I can use or make it smell like something really nice other than mint or a hospital?
>>
>>16946072
Drink more water. You might be dehydrated.

Or maybe you suffer from tonsil stones, or chronic acid reflux.
>>
>>16946074
None of those things. I drink a little water throughout the day so I'm not dehydrated but I'm not drinking tons of water either
>>
Tongue scrapers. Check if eating something sugary reduces odor. Stop with the mouthwash. Try a different toothpaste. Ask a doctor.
Are you from Frankfurt by any chance?
>>
>>16946080

Check in tomorrow,i will reply then.
The dentist from other tread
>>
>>16946072

are you really really really brushing your teeth at least two times a day? i used to claim that i brushed my teet hreally well but truth is i only did it once a day. on top of that, flossing is important. way more food gets stuck back there between the teeth than you think. and then they rot. and rotting brings bacteria that makes it feel like a dead rat is in the back of your throat.
>>
>>16946082
I use a toothbrush with a tongue scraper/cleaner thing in the other side. I only started using the mouthwash today so it's only worked a little bit better but not enough. I'll try seeing a doctor. Not from Frankfurt brah, thanks for the help though.

>>16946084
I'll be waiting

>>16946086
I'll try flossing although I haven't really done it before. I do brush every morning almost but hardly at night, so I'll try and keep up with my consistency
>>
>>16946096
Also are there any products that will make my breath smell nice like a mouth spray or something? No chewing gum recommendations because they never work
>>
>>16946096
>>16946104

if chewing gum wont work, which literally sits in your mouth and freshens up every aspect, then a spray wont work mate.

>ill try flossing
>i brush in the mornings but hardly at night

wow dude, if you arent brushing at night, then all the food you ate is just sitting in your mouth and literally rotting, the bavteria of rotting food is what causes your breath to smell.

brush 3 times a day if you can, mouth was h after, and floss at night.
>>
>>16946109
Alright, I gotcha. I'll brush more often and try flossing.

When I chew gum, and I'm sure it happens to others, when the flavour of the gum disappears the smell of my mouth gets worse, at least that's what it looks like.
>>
>>16946115

i wouldnt actually bother with gum, its actually REALLY bad for your teeth and will likely only make your problem worse.
>>
get some mouthwash containing Chlorhexidin, starting with a concentration of 0.05%, more if necessary

bad breath is usually caused by bacteria living in your mouth and the solution is killing them
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.