[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the next 6 weeks i won't have any electricity and i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
For the next 6 weeks i won't have any electricity and i'm not sure how to cook and how to keep my apartment warm. It's just one big room + bathroom and the isolation is pretty bad.
Not quite sure how safe it would be to use a camping cooker inside and i don't want to get in trouble with my neighbours.
Any advice would be welcome
>>
>>16945859
Why won't you have electricity?
>>
>>16945862
I didn't pay my bills, they piled up and now it's too late. If i change my provider it will take at least 6 weeks
>>
>>16945882
Is that even legal? The 6 weeks part, I mean
>>
You're not going to upset your neighbors unless you make some big spectacle of it and invite trouble. I hope by "camping cooker" you mean one of those large burners which attaches to a propane tank. The smaller fuel canisters for pocket camping stoves aren't economical over 6 weeks.

For heat, you could get a kerosene heater. Just make sure it's not one of the fan-assisted sorts because those obviously require electricity. They're safe as long as you keep a window cracked to vent carbon monoxide/dioxide. Obviously this introduces a bit of cold air but on balance the room ends up warmer.
>>
>>16945885
It's my own so fault, so i guess it is. I will look into it during the next few weeks of course but i'' ltry to work with the worst case scenario
>>
>>16945859

call the new power company and tell them you have a baby and you cant take care of it without power for six weeks. they will likely come by within 24 hours to turn the power on, especially if you can make some immediate payments.
>>
>>16945885
If he's a tenant, it's potentially illegal for the landlord to have him there if electricity is a minimum condition for habitability in his local laws. That can sometimes be the case in places with very harsh climates. Perhaps by his spelling of "neighbours" he's in Canada, where it can get bitterly cold even in March. That's all something for his landlord to worry about though.
>>
>>16945859
2 scoops of protein powder + two tbsp of peanut butter + 1 tbsp of coconut oil + mixed in water. You can cook raw meat with lemon juice, google it. Buy some bananas. Buy blankets.
>>
>>16945987
If he can't afford to pay for electricity, do you really think he can afford to buy protein powder?
>>
>>16945989
You don't have to buy the 5lb container. You can buy smaller quantities in any grocery store. He wants food ideas that involve zero electricity. This is me being helpful.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.