[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Get letter from landlord we will inspect the property March
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
>Get letter from landlord we will inspect the property March 23rd
>Guy lets himself in on the 22nd of March
>Does the inspection
>'You need to keep a cleaner apartment'
>Leaves

I have the letter here that says he will come tomorrow, but he already has. In my lease it says he is not lawfully allowed to enter unless he's given notice of the time, and it was well outside of it.

I'm kinda embarrassed and annoyed, what can I do?
>>
Find out whether your municipality offers legal services for tenants. If they do, go to one of their tenant law workshops and talk to one of the pro bono lawyers there. They can draft a really nice letter for you to the effect of "If you ever do this again, you're losing your tenant and every penny of money that s/he can take from you."
>>
>>16945420
I can sue for a dollar value if he does it again?
>>
>>16945423
Depends on your local laws. Ask the lawyer. Generally speaking, however, the most you can expect is to be immediately freed of your lease and to receive your deposit (less damages) within 30 days.
>>
>>16945417
Get over it and stop living like a pig.
>>
>>16945430
suck my hole

>>16945425
eh, don't have the dosh to move atm
>>
>>16945434
Only if it's not at your place. Wouldn't wanna make a mess.
>>
>>16945471
Op just got btfo. Here's your (You) my ice burn homie.
>>
File: IMG-20160203-WA0007.jpg (87 KB, 600x547) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160203-WA0007.jpg
87 KB, 600x547
>>16945471
SAVAGE
>>
>>16945417

i hate this too. i got 24 hours notice saying that my landlord will stop by the very next day. i cleaned what i could, but she came in and still said stupid shit like 'YOUR COUNTERS ARE REALLY MESSY'

there was literally a rice cooker and a gallon of water out. that was it.

>YOU NEED TO DO YOUR DISHES

there were some in the sink. god forbid.
>>
>>16945782
>>16945417
How gross do you guys have to be for your landlord to think ambushing you with an inspection is necessary?
>>
>>16945795

it wasnt her coming over and just checking the place out.

THEY are so gross that our roof leaks everytime it rains and mold is growing in the ceiling. they were suppoed to fix it last year, but they havent, despite the city giving them a notice of fix it or shut down within 3 months.

the reason they came over was they are remortgaging the building to pay for the roof repair, and they had to have a guy come and 'inspect' the building, and they happened to use mine for the measurements of the apartment.
>>
>>16945807
So do you want them to fix the roof or not?
>>
>>16945811

i do. that has nothing to do with whether or not there are dishes in my sink
>>
Don't do anything. Keep the relationship with your landlord as positive as you can.
>>
>>16945828

this. landlords are a 'dont rock the boat' situation. its unfortunate, but its kind of like pissing off a higher up at your work. they can make your life hell if they so choose.

being a non bothering can have perks.

despite her complaining about my dishes in the sink, i dont argue, cuz in return she lets me illegally sublet my second bedroom, let me have a dog without paying the deposit etc.
>>
>>16945417
>wat do
Keep your fucking apartment clean. Put it down as an error on the landlord's part and move on. Trying to put your foot down will only create shit for you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.