[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend lately has been having the most awful mood swings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: sad_bird.jpg (102 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
sad_bird.jpg
102 KB, 1280x853
My boyfriend lately has been having the most awful mood swings the past two weeks due to the stresses of his job. I have been trying my best to give him distance lately and let him sort things out on his own since my few attempts to help were futile.

He tried talking to me again recently though and the whole thing eventually devolved into a huge self-destructive meltdown from him. He even started to insult me for and told me he didnt respect me. He felt bad about that though, told me I didn't deserve his treatment and that I needed to leave him. When I brought up the serious possibility of breaking up, however, he immediately snapped back to his 'old' self immediately and promised to change.

I'm not sure what to think. I wonder if he was just hiding his true feelings or if he might be somewhat bipolar. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around him now. He refuses to see a therapist so I don't know how I should proceed now other than maybe keeping my distance a bit more..
>>
Dump him. Nobody needs to put up with that shit, and this guy is clearly unstable. "The stresses of his job" is no excuse.
>>
Ignore him for a while, devote your time to yourself.
He isn't more important than you.
Maybe consider other options as well.
>>
If he's refusing to make any positive steps, there's not much to do but leave him.
>>
3/4 suicides are male and the most common death of males between 18 and 45 is suicide.

Don't give him space... He doesn't need to be alone.
>>
>>16945162
Whoho,
all those people telling you to just dump him because he is going through rough times are selfish assholes.
How long have you been together?
Do you really love him? Or did you before he started having trouble?
Did you directly ask him what's bothering him? Is it just work or is there more?

Also, do not go there with the childish labeling. You are not a doctor and it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy if you go the 'omg he must totally be bipolair/autistic/borderline whatever' route. Two weeks is really too short to draw any conclusions at all.

You talk only about taking distance, dumping him in therapy and how he is mean to you. You seem to not even care what is wrong with him as long he doesn't bother you, that's not how relationships work in the long term. Just a heads up.
>>
Fucking feminazis
>>
>>16945249
>>16945266
I don't plan on abandoning him anytime soon since this a recent development.

I do love him but it feels like things have been changing slightly the past month or so. I can only attribute this to leaving the honeymoon phase so to speak but I'm unsure of that..

I've known him for a little over a year now and been with him for around half that time. These past two weeks have been really extreme though. He claims that it's just work that's stressing him out. I actually didn't talk to him about going to a therapist directly but I brought up the possibility of him being clinically depressed and he denies that it's that bad.

With his recent self-destructive meltdown, I feel it's obvious he needs help though and I can't provide the help he needs on my own. I'm still not sure what to do other than to be there for him and stay strong for him. I don't want to add on to his stress by telling him he's upsetting me. It's a shitty feeling to see him deteriorating though and to be helpless to do anything about it.
>>
>>16945297
>>16945266

Also, to add on to that, the reason I'm giving him space is because I don't want him to worry about my feelings. He also pushes me away when I try to help and at one point even told me he didn't need my sympathy. So yeah... if I seem selfish, it's because I can't help him if he refuses my help and I feel like I'm making things worse if I come in with unwarranted advice/sympathy.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.