[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I just get those $99 cheapo brakepad replacement packages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1443546379835.jpg (23 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1443546379835.jpg
23 KB, 720x405
Should I just get those $99 cheapo brakepad replacement packages from PEP Boys for my 1999 Honda CR-V?

Is the squeaking really as bad as people say?

Is it really necessary to buy ceramic brakes?
>>
>>16945064
>>>/o/
Polite sage
>>
>>16945064
Learn how to change your own brake pads.
>>
The squeaking is a warning that your pads are close to needing to be changed. If you use cheap pads they will wear down faster. If you let it go you might end up changing the rotors aswell and possibly the calipers too.

If you dont have the means of doing it yourself then the $100 at a shop might be worth it.

Doing it yourself will cost about $30 if you get good pads. If needed, rotors will probably run you $25 to $50 each. Calipers will prob cost $60 to $80 each plus a core charge but bring your old calipers back to get your core charge back. I am just guessing here based on the car work ive done.
>>
I've never even questioned pad material or make up. I've just ordered the cheapest least scammy looking ones from eBay. These are for a car right? The material will all be sintered metallic or semi ceramic anyway.

Learn to fit your own. They are a fairly easy job you can watch youtube or read a manual and then you can spend the full amount on parts instead of parts, labour and mark up. Set of pads for my kia were like $9.

Shoes for the rear were like $12.

Plus you can inspect the discs, rear cylinders, hydraulic push rod things and pissy rubber grommets, inner and outer cv boots, drive shaft play, wheel bearings, track rod ends and gators, all sorts of shit at that point.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.